PDA

View Full Version : cutting out

shy witness
25-03-05, 09:45 PM
my novas running a 1400 sri corsa engine[fully electronic]no real engine mods,just an inductoin kit and noisey exhaust. it keeps dropping the revs and cutting out at junctions- especially after givin it the tit 4 a bit~~i reckon it must b a sensor problem,but im not sure---any ideas

Nick
25-03-05, 10:18 PM
ISCV prehaps...

Aragorn
26-03-05, 01:41 AM
yer more than likely idle control valve

its on the back of the throttle body im sure

m.d.
26-03-05, 09:43 AM
yeah thats exactly what mine is doing at the mo on my xe. i tried to clean it with carb cleaner whils on the engine but has made the engine smoke on start up now. deffo would advise taking the valve off to clean it.

raza
26-03-05, 11:18 AM
i was just going to post this about my car :| lol was driving to bradford every time i stopped at junctions it dies :( got pretty annoying 1.4 sri is the car any ideas.

notenuffhoursintheday
26-03-05, 12:56 PM
ive had the same problem on my calibra if i didnt rev it before i stopped and kept it reving just above 1k it would stall and its quite annoying i went to a garage and they said it was sommit to do with a valve and they cleaned it out for a fiver think it was the idel valve its nowt bad they apparenly get muck inside them and they clog up

johnny27
26-03-05, 10:44 PM
does anyone know if the same problem can happen on a 2ltr ecotec 16v engine, as my dad's vectra is doing this? cheers

Aragorn
27-03-05, 12:29 AM
yup they all suffer from it

remove icv and clean with carb cleaner, lubricate with wd40 then refit

NovaloadedAgain
27-03-05, 05:23 PM
My mark 3 golf used to do that just before I sold it, It was ok if you drove it down the road on a cold engine. As soon as it got to normal engine temperature applied the brakes, Put the clutch in & unless you gave it a little rev would die. Definately the idle control valve sensor. Cost me about ?90.