PDA

View Full Version : Another insurance moan.........

dunova
25-03-05, 01:23 PM
I looked into insuring a 2.0 16v omega and they wan an extra ?400!!! I've just paid ?733 for my gsi TPFT with everything declared and they want another ?400!!! :o

Afaik they're the same insurance group so how could they possibly justify this?! I know its a 2.0 but it weigh's about twice as much as my gsi so its not going to be a rocket ship-and its an ecotec!

She also said my excess would increase to ?300, but after realising i was quite pi55ed off about the extra ?400, she soon dropped the excess back to ?200. That makes me wonder, if she can dop the excess that easily, surely they're trying to just rinse me and could drop the ?400 abit aswell? Hate insurance companies. Fcuk rip off merchants :evil:

Jack
25-03-05, 10:11 PM
16v Omega is group 13

Even so, ?400 more sounds a bit harsh.

Fester
25-03-05, 11:34 PM
I reckon they run existing customer transfers through a different database/algorithm to milk it for a higher %. There's usually fees for cancellation anyway so you've got to pay up :evil:. Mine has gone up from ?850 to ?1200 since I added wheels & suspension :o I knew it was going to be the case but there isn't anything that can be done!

Jack
25-03-05, 11:43 PM
They always will try to rip you off if you change your car mid year, as they already have your business. If you were a new customer, or not yet insured with them then they'd be more than likely ot give more leeway on the price..

A mate of mine cancelled his insurance with tesco and set up a new policy the next day when his insurance expired - saved him ?120 over his renewal price :wink:

dunova
26-03-05, 09:13 PM
I'm cancelling my poilcy :lol:

Tesco quoted me ?744 TPFT on the Omega :o so i'll lose ?189 by cancelling with Flux, take out the policy with Tesco, so overall i will have paid an extra ?199 to insure the Omega-whereas i would have spent ?405 if i stay with Flux.

Do Tesco insure mods such as spoiler, wheels etc??? They must do :o

I reckon they run existing customer transfers through a different database/algorithm to milk it for a higher %

Exactly what i think mate-I'm really suprised that Flux would rather lose my custom and keep ?189 rather than just dropping from ?400 to ?200. Their loss :roll:

NovaloadedAgain
27-03-05, 01:37 PM
Im with Tesco....Check my Nova-That'll answer your question about mods! Lol. They are really good & when my corsa got smashed they took it the next day & had it back to me a week later!