5toprjepog
24-03-05, 05:19 PM
What website sells wheel bearings for all makes of car

General Baxter
24-03-05, 05:26 PM
one on the internet!

Jack
24-03-05, 05:33 PM
Well done baxter for stating the obvious...

Try ebay. Always a range of bearing kits on there.

Nick
24-03-05, 06:02 PM
buy 4 and do them all at once

trust me, it'l save you the hassle in the future.

5toprjepog
24-03-05, 06:15 PM
Knoob

Nick
24-03-05, 06:22 PM
what ?

if your referring to my point.. the bearings go very easily, all the people with nova's have replaced at least 2 of them.

doing 4 at the same time will balance everything out, and probably save you money on buying 4 at once, and labour probably.

otherwise you'l find that running the wrong offset alloys will just mean your going back to a garage to get them pressed in, untill all of them are done.

5toprjepog
24-03-05, 06:28 PM
Not you nick you came out with a decent comment its for my mates proton ( cough W*nk Cough )

Nick
24-03-05, 06:30 PM
oh ok no worries

well i don't know about protons lol...

but vauxhalls are renound for going through bearings

5toprjepog
24-03-05, 06:39 PM
Cheers nick you have the sweetestcar on here well done lad

Stuart
24-03-05, 10:56 PM
midland bearings are very good, but you need to know the actual dimensions of the bearings and the type, eg get a product number off the existing one.

m.d.
25-03-05, 10:45 AM
sorry nick i dont agrea with changing them all at the same time. itll be a gig cost all at once. then they are more likely to go at the same time again. soooo another big hit to the wallet. just do them one at a time and it will only be a small affordable ammount at a time.

also front and rear bearings wear out at different rates. my rears were changed 3 years ago and have never made a sound where as the fronts have been changed about 3 times in that time.

Aragorn
25-03-05, 11:57 AM
youve killed 3 sets of front bearings?

wtf summat if wrong there

ive had 3 sets of rears in mine and one front failed so i replaced both just to be safe

front bearings are a lot more sturdy than the rears, just looking at them should tell u that

maybe you are using shit quality bearings?

or have silly offset wheels?

Nick
25-03-05, 03:36 PM
I suppose it was different on my car M.D

I knew the only part ever replaced was a standard complete Exhaust systems.

as the bearings are going, i know that they were all going to go soon (due to them all being originals) so i havenow done the whole lot.

Saves fuss, and it's another problem sorted out.

5toprjepog
25-03-05, 08:10 PM
My friend is just replacing 1 as the reason it has gone was cause when he was loading his car on breakdown recovery truck as it went up ramps it caught the outside of the ramp whilst getting towed up it shreaded the tire and now there is a knocking noise from the rear plus there is sideways movement.

Nick
25-03-05, 08:13 PM
sounds a bit more serious than a wheel bearing...

anyway, it should be the recovery service who pays for it, unless your friend was driving the car onto the truck

Philsutton
25-03-05, 08:14 PM
i can remember seeing a wheel bearing gone on a mondeo, only thing holding the wheel on was the drivshaft nut!! The bearing was no exsistant

5toprjepog
25-03-05, 08:46 PM
anyway, it should be the recovery service who pays for it, unless your friend was driving the car onto the truck
exactly!!!!!!!! he was driving it clever huh, when i was working as a secuirty guard when i looked after an idustrial site there was a van rental place it was low and dirty (cant mention name) anyway one night a AA recovery truck came round at 11 and it had one of there van and i ask what happened he said "the breaks stopped workin when some one was going down motorway", never ever rent a van

m.d.
26-03-05, 12:01 AM
youve killed 3 sets of front bearings?

wtf summat if wrong there

ive had 3 sets of rears in mine and one front failed so i replaced both just to be safe

front bearings are a lot more sturdy than the rears, just looking at them should tell u that

maybe you are using s**t quality bearings?

or have silly offset wheels?

yes, admitadly one of those bearings were a hub that i got from the scrappy which only lasted 3 months. i do auto tests trackdays and 12 car road rallys so the car gets a lot of hard abuse so kills things like bearings and engine mounts for a past time

Nick
26-03-05, 12:20 AM
ahh i went out in my mates Pug 205 Gti (160bhp 1.6) on a 12 car road rally t'other nite.

all i can say was that i reall shat my pants. I can't believe how they are all 100% fine and legal with the police.