PDA

View Full Version : race games

boredbloke
23-03-05, 06:35 PM
Alright all,

I bin searchin the net recently when i came accross toca race driver 2 for 15 quid on play.com

Bargain!!

The game is excellent, now i know gt4 probly cains it, but i wouldn't say it's too far behind! plus the fact theres no licenses!

Wahoo!! best game ever for 15 quid!

epo
23-03-05, 06:48 PM
i got back into need for spped underground two at the mo

Dar
23-03-05, 07:48 PM
TOCA Race Driver 2 is brilliant! I've enjoyed playing that game alot more than I have playing GT4.

I found RD2 to give you more FEEL of what the car is doing, where im finding with GT4 that you don't seem to get the right feeling for speed and therefore have to try and pick a breaking point and then try and work out if you can better it. Where as RD2 you can FEEL where you need to break and then its a case of making a note of it and refining it.

I've also just played GTR by Simbin which was instantly addictive. I have been dissapointed with GT4 I just hope things get better the longer you play it.

Stuart
23-03-05, 07:54 PM
best bit of RD2 is the aussie V8 supercars. but its a shame the setup changes make naff all difference appart form the brake bias lol

Mike.
23-03-05, 08:53 PM
yep the aussie v8's are the best on that game, shame there isn't any british touring cars this time :cry:

peester
23-03-05, 11:50 PM
I've also just played GTR by Simbin which was instantly addictive. I have been dissapointed with GT4 I just hope things get better the longer you play it.

gtr is a gooden; playe the demo - but my pc is struggling to run it smoothly 100% of the time; feels realistic; immense detail. all thats missin is smell-o vision!