PDA

View Full Version : 16v brakes & SR alloys?

Matt GTE
23-03-05, 05:39 PM
I'm guessing the answer to this is no but will Cav GSi front brakes fit behind the standard SR 14" alloys? Got a pair of calipers knocking about from when I upgraded the Cav to Turbo spec so just wondering.

Thanks,
Matt.

Philsutton
23-03-05, 05:46 PM
it can be done but its very very close, seen it a few times now.

epo
23-03-05, 06:53 PM
think you need to use spacer to get them to fit

Novadex
23-03-05, 06:58 PM
It is close but it will work the only trouble you will have is if you get a flat tyre ! because your spare stealy wont fit! although you can always put a back on the front and the stealy on the back, if ya get my drift?.

Aragorn
23-03-05, 07:00 PM
it'll fit with worn disks and pads

epo
23-03-05, 07:05 PM
It is close but it will work the only trouble you will have is if you get a flat tyre ! because your spare stealy wont fit! although you can always put a back on the front and the stealy on the back, if ya get my drift?.

i heard they will fit with 14" steel wheels easier than the 14" gsi alloys

Dod
23-03-05, 07:24 PM
Is the GSi Chav front set up a straight swap? I know the rears wont, but that can be sorted with SRi Chav discs.

Matt GTE
23-03-05, 07:32 PM
Cool, may have to drag a caliper out and have a look. If they don't fit I'll just wait till I need new tyres and get hold of some Cav GSi rims instead of replacing them.

DirtyDave
24-03-05, 01:09 AM
u know u need the caliper carriers as well coz the calipers won't fit directly on nova carriers???

Novadex
24-03-05, 04:08 PM

i heard they will fit with 14" steel wheels easier than the 14" gsi alloys

I couldnt get my 14" steels on when i had the problem, however ive never tryed 14" gsi alloys im just assuming they are prety much the same as the 14" Astra GTE alloys??

Ste_Nova
24-03-05, 05:34 PM
i got them on with 14" steels... but needed spacers for a few weeks

spare steely???? i've got a spare alloy :lol:

Matt GTE
25-03-05, 12:55 AM
u know u need the caliper carriers as well coz the calipers won't fit directly on nova carriers???
Yeah, I've got the carriers too.