PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers... Mk1 or Mk2?

Matt GTE
22-03-05, 11:15 PM
I've recently acquired a very cheap G plate 1.3SR. It needs a VIC check before it can go on the road which it is booked in for on the 31st. Assuming it passes that, I'm going to be breaking my Mk2 1.2 for it's interior (SRi blue & grey) and am also thinking about swapping the bumpers over as the front bumper on the SR is damaged.

What are the general opinions of Mk2 bumpers on Mk1 cars? I'll be keeping the Mk1 headlights with clear indicators and will get the SR grill colour coded.

Thanks,
Matt

markiemark
23-03-05, 10:52 AM
Well mate i have a mk1 nova diamond, the bumpers on there are the smaller ones,(at the front it doesnt go all the way down) and i am putting mk2 gsi bumpers on instead ( the more rounder ones,the front bumper goes lower) and in my opinion looks A LOT better.as far as the lights go on my car, im keeping them the same, (the larger headlights more square) and the grille - i am replacing with an abbys grille. so i think mk2 deff looks better, thats jus my opinion though :)

ANDYRACER
23-03-05, 05:17 PM
I like ur idea mate but u want a gsi front bumper and to keep it black and spray the grill black aswell itll look good them.

Matt GTE
23-03-05, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the replies :D. A GSi bumper would be prefered but I'd stick the one from my 1.2 on for the time being, purely because it isn't going to cost me anything and will look better than the damaged original bumper on the SR now.