PDA

View Full Version : Paint....

markiemark
22-03-05, 09:47 PM
If i was to paint my gsi bumpers the same colour as the car - laser blue - where would i get the spray? cos i want to do it myself not pay for someone else to do it :)

cheers,

mark

ps how many cans i need?

probert_nova
22-03-05, 09:55 PM
you should be able to get it from ya local motor store.
i use to get my local one to order in larger tins when i needed to sprays parts of my car.

ANDYRACER
22-03-05, 10:37 PM
Write down the colour code frm the vin plate and then go in halfords theyll match it for u. U need some plastic primer for the bumpers and probs 3 cans off primer and 6 cans of spray paint. and then a couple of cans off laquer.

markiemark
23-03-05, 10:57 AM
This will sound really dumb :o but - as the car is metalic laser blue, how do i get the bumper to look the same,wont it be a different shade as on plastic not metal? :o apologies for the dumbness

smithy87
23-03-05, 12:01 PM
The process ANDYRACER described will give your bumper the metallic paint look that is on the rest of the car, its effectively just Colour-Coding mate. Should look good!

8)

ANDYRACER
23-03-05, 05:13 PM
If ur going to do it urself do it in a garage with a heater on so it keeps the temp warm. Its just a case of taking ur time theyll neva look exactly the same coz u did it urself bt it doesnt matter coz as soon as some dirt gets on them ull neva know