PDA

View Full Version : arch rolling... please help!

nova_dosed
22-03-05, 02:18 PM
ok can anybody help me out here, iv got a set of arospeed rs gt's with 205/40 tyres, and to lower the car i will obviously need to do sum arch work. can anybody tell me where i can get my arches done professionally as i dont really want any cowboys on the job!! please please please can somebody give me a good lead as most of the places i hav tried hav not bothered to email me back! cheers!!

Jonlem
22-03-05, 05:01 PM
The bad way is to cut them right back and seal them up but its a bodge and eventually the arch will rot away, mine were done b4 the car got painted so they were just heated up and folded right round so it was as if there was no lip at all, I'm not running 17's but my 16's have plenty of room, don't know of anyone that does it local to you though ?

Watch out for the fronts as under breaking or large dips in the road you might find it catches the arch and it will either take some rubber off the tire or put a lovely crease in your wing :( as I found out at donny lol

Nick
22-03-05, 06:28 PM
i've had them ground back, and i seal them every couple of weeks (just with a fine layer) and they've lasted over 2 winters now with absolutly no- signs of rust or rot at all.

some people say that having them "rolled" is even worse, as it creates a well for the water to seep into . once the water has made it's way in, its just going to sit behind the folded lip.

i'd rather have them folded to be honest

ANDYRACER
22-03-05, 11:00 PM
I grinded my lip off then sealed it and painted it and it worked for me.

Nobby
25-03-05, 09:45 PM
wen u say the lip do u mean where the arch bends round n up into it self like??

tom_beverley
25-03-05, 10:31 PM
yes the lip is the part of the arch that is folded back onto itself when rolled