PDA

View Full Version : MY LIGHTS, grrrr - READ THIS..

MyNovaSr
22-03-05, 01:12 PM
Hey ppl. I just wondered if anyone could help me. My car runs very well but when night falls and i turn on my lights my nova wants to stall at idal. Then when i accellerate my lights get brighter. It doesnt do the in the daytime even when i have both my JBL 1000W subs booming..

Any ideas?? :?

notenuffhoursintheday
22-03-05, 05:55 PM
maybe a more powerful battery would help mate and do u have an ice cap for your amp n what not my 1.2 idals crappy with lights on 2 but im use to it :D get ya self a diesel battery I would if i could afford one as this weeks wages will be getting me a gsi front bumper gte back bumper n skirts hopefuly :D if i can find any :D

Stuart
22-03-05, 05:59 PM
an alternator with more ooomph will help, as will a slightly meatyer battery and if you are "plyaing your tunes" loud then id suggest a 0.5 or 1 farad capacitor to smooth things out a bit

most novas lights do get brighter when you rev the engine, usually down to the alternators being past thei best and not delivering the required current etc.

Aragorn
22-03-05, 10:06 PM
early 1.2's also had a very small bottom pulley which vauxhall changed to a larger item in later models to enable the alternator to charge better at lower rpm