PDA

View Full Version : What i've been offered for my car so far...............

dunova
22-03-05, 11:16 AM
Well, i put my gsi up on ebay LAST NIGHT saying i would be interested in swapping or part ex'ing and these are the offers i've had already;

-K reg Renault clio rsi 1.8 8v.
-H reg 2.0 Cavalier in a white/blue pearlescent.
-N reg Vectra CDX 2.0 in star silver, with 140K but has had recent head gasket, skim, tensioners and rollers. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536735247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
-P reg Nissan Primera GT 2.0 on 19s, black tints, modded front bumper, full leather, elec everything.
-L reg Omega 2.5 V6, 17's, lowered, but has done 152K :o
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4537583628&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

What do you think sounds the most promising? High mileage really puts me off, even with a new head gasket/skim etc. The primera sounds alright, although i have NEVER, EVER even considered getting one before :!:
I like the Omega and Vectra, but the mileage is stupid :|

Philsutton
22-03-05, 11:21 AM
id go with omega, at least you can have some fun in that car.

Stuart
22-03-05, 11:26 AM
152K is nothing on an omega lol

i bought mine in june on 89K its now on 113K lol
only major expense was tyres for MOT and needing to change the waterpump but it was no real biggie.

but dont touch it unless its atleast a CDX spec (2nd from top of range) and preferably in manual lol

dunova
22-03-05, 11:26 AM
^^^Very true, but not if it all falls to pieces!! Cambridge should know how long Omega's can go on for-What do you think Cambridge? When will the Omega die?? :lol:

dunova
22-03-05, 11:29 AM
Well that was a badly timed post :lol:

Not sure on the make, but from looking at the interior it doesn't look like a high spec model. Doesn't even have air con :!:

It is manual, but why not touch it if it isn't a CDX or better? Is the build quality not as good?

James B
22-03-05, 12:18 PM
Id go for the Nissan Primera GT personaly. My mrs has one as well as her fiat and its a very smart little car, apart from hers is in the "rage" paint, flips from green to purple, looks ok but i think would be better in a solid colour .

very comfy drive mate. not overly rapid but still delivers plenty of poke.

and hers has now done 160k odd and still runs absolutly sweet as a nut, no tappet noise, nothing. very reliable and comfortable car mate

James

Stuart
22-03-05, 12:45 PM
the build quality is fine across the range (well as fine as vauxhall could be bothered with) its jsut the level of toys below CDX is just pish poor. eg its not far off a nova interior spec lmao

CD could be the lowest of the lows if it was a bargin, but you'd have to be paying absoluterly naff all for it.

CDX and Elite are the only specs to consider for an omega. oh and they will never die! well until fuel gets much more expensive.

dunova
22-03-05, 02:25 PM
Just got some pics of the primera;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/Primera3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/Primera1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/Primera2.jpg

Looks pretty sweet if you ask me :D It's done 120K with a recent head gasket because the heads been ported and skimmed. Thanks for the info londoner, think i'm definately going to have a look at this one.

scott.parker
22-03-05, 02:40 PM
That dose look very nice actualy mate,quite a nice car,though i my self might be tempted to have a nose at the clio..

Scott

ANDYRACER
22-03-05, 04:04 PM
Id go for the primera the omega spec list looks crap and the primera looks really nice and it has leather.

nathan.
22-03-05, 06:39 PM
keep the nova

Nick
22-03-05, 06:44 PM
a friend of mine selling a Corsa SRi was offered the same primera i think...maybe it's some kind of scam ? as this was a while ago !

i am quite sure it was the same car.

i'd keep the nova, it's looking good now that you've ditched the venoms for GSi Fan items.

dunova
22-03-05, 07:09 PM
a friend of mine selling a Corsa SRi was offered the same primera i think...maybe it's some kind of scam ? as this was a while ago !

i am quite sure it was the same car.

i'd keep the nova, it's looking good now that you've ditched the venoms for GSi Fan items

Don't like the sound of that :o He told me he was after a smaller car because he's moving abroad.

I'm afraid my mind is quite made up-i really want something bigger, newer etc. Another Omega has come up-134K on the clock, just had a new cam and crank sensor and looks immaculate. A guy on Cavweb own's it. It's only CD spec though so no aircon or leather, but there's a guy selling a full Omega elite leather interior for ?250-doesn't seem too bad.

The Primera guy hasn't got back to me yet, but i will NOT be scammed!!! :evil: :lol:

James B
22-03-05, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info londoner, think i'm definately going to have a look at this one.

no worries mate, hers is in stardard spec and is an awesome car, proper head-turner (maily due to paintwork i suspect) but that is fapping awesome. looks proper aggro and i like it a lot! get it! then let me drive it!

James

dunova
23-03-05, 10:37 AM
Haven't heard anything more from the Primera :roll: So either he hasn't checked his email, or there's something dodgy going on (like Nick pointed out).

NEW OFFER!!
Saab 900 SE 2.5 V6, M registration (1994), navy blue, leather interior, traction control, cruise control, air conditioning, electric windows, 6 cd changer, has new tyres, good exhaust and clutch, 8 months MOT, 94K on the clock.

Impressive spec, but i really think it looks like an old mans car, especially in Navy Blue!!! I'm not sure if the spec would make up for the looks. Has anyone seen one of these that looks good?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/Saab900.bmp

Photoshop anyone??

James B
23-03-05, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure if the spec would make up for the looks. Has anyone seen one of these that looks good?

Yeah i have, my mate had one of them, in navy. and IMO looked smart, some big alloys and some subtle styling mods and lowered a bit and it was quite nice. plus the saabs are all very comfortable cars, iv driven enough, and chug on forever! theyre not properly run in till about 100k lol! Shes sold it now tho and has a saab 9000 Aero, 2.3 turbo. equally a very nice motor :D

James

mark1astramad
23-03-05, 12:46 PM
mate,id seriously consider the saaaaaaaaab!!!!!!!!
theese are absolutley mint cars 2 have.
i used to hate em,but that was until i stared working at the main dealers,and got 2drive all specs n models!!!!!!
my fave has 2 be the 2.3 lpt 95 aero,as it had everything u could want,n the drive is so so comfy.
the only thing u have 2 get used 2 is putting the key for ign by the handbrake,and remembering 2 have the clutch in!!!!!

i say this,for those who dont know,ign is located by handbrake,and the car has 2 be locked into gear before ign can be turned off!!!!!!! :o :lol: :lol:

dunova
23-03-05, 02:16 PM
I am really considering the Saab, but i'm not sure if its dodgy or not :o

Why would someone want to swap their fully spec'ed M reg Saab for a Nova gsi and be willing to drive all the way from the North east to Bristol to do the swap!!! I'm unsure about it tbh. The other thing is, i've asked him if the car is registered to him and his address, but if he's coming down to me he could just lie and pretend he's the bloke on the V5 :o

If it all seems okay i'll do a HPI check before anything else. I hope it is legit, sounds V.nice, especially after what you guys have said :D

I know Saab's do go on and on which is cool. And the V6 should be a nice cruiser :D