PDA

View Full Version : The evo will be for sale, new mental car soon!

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 08:01 PM
Well after owning the evo for 7 months i was in a pickle weather to keep it and modify it and lose a LOAD of money AGAIN! Or to leave it standard and sell it after owning it for a year.

Ive decided to leave it standard and enjoy it until september when my insurance/ tracker/tax etc will be up. To be honest its an amazing car as it is and think i will spoil it if i start modding it, plus i wont lose too much money on re-sale though its cost me a fortune to run it. Somone will get a very mint Evo VI when i come to sell it.

So for the new toy :twisted: Me and Andy Bishop went down to Westfield Sportscars on saturday before we went up to Chris's. I had been thinking of a few cars (lotus Exige/ Clio V6 etc) but the one that i really wanted to try was a Megabusa. What can i say! It makes the evo feel like a mondeo. The only fair comparison is the excelleration, with the busa getting to 60 1.2 seconds quicker than the evo and thats with a standard engine!

IT has a 6-speed sequential box, no need for the clutch. It revs to 11 000 rpm and has an amazing amount of torque in every gear at any time. Top speed was 136. My insurance will be about ?300 a year instead of ?1800 and i can service the car myself. TBH i could see myself parting with the nova long term as i think this is the kind of car that i have been looking for. The evo is amazing, but in my opinion the magabusa is a true drivers car the evo does just too much for me as far as driver aids.

Ive decided to buy it in kit form and source a new engine myself, they suggested i maybe look for a full bike and strip it but i dont think i could do that to a bike!

Bring on september!

Ian
21-03-05, 08:17 PM
you have too much money

should be good though!

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 08:23 PM
Thats half my problem Ian, I dont have any! Want to free up some money for other things and the new car will do that believe it or not.

Better sell later in the year and lose a little money on the evo than sell in 2 years lose a fair bit and have to put up with the service costs. Not moaning about how much it costs to run because i was well aware of that before i got it just that i need a new pair of trainers and ive got no money after paying for the service on friday :lol:

Anyway, dont want to get to 40 and tell my kids the only car i owned was a nova! :wink:

Karl

jkhilton
21-03-05, 08:23 PM
I was tempted by an exige or something similar, but as I use my car everyday, I went for the evo with it's air con and comfy seats/ride etc.

You'll have to do a step by step guide to building the kit car up, it'll make for some interesting reading, kind of like the program "a race car is born"

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 08:28 PM
Got back in the evo john after the test drive and i couldnt believe how quite and comfortable it was lol. Thats were the evo cant be touched, it is the best every day car as far as performance and practicality goes.

Will be doing a full photo build and will film bits aswell as this seems to be a good way of adding value to the car, though once built i dont think i will want to sell it they really are that good!

Stuart
21-03-05, 08:36 PM
how much is the kit?

Nick
21-03-05, 08:47 PM
please don't sell the Nova, it is a truely awesome Example

it'd end up getting used as an everday car which would spoil it

Matt EvoVI
21-03-05, 08:53 PM
I will tell paul about the evo Karl, it's about time he got a decent car :lol:

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 08:55 PM
A full kit minus engine, dry sump kit wheels and tyres is ?9900. Though that is the very basic kit, i would probably leave of there choice of brakes and find my own, plus the handling kit is very simple at that price. I would probably again upgrade on a few of the items.

I think the final cost will be between ?15000 and ?17000 depending on the spec, not bad for a brand new car that will keep with anything on the road.

Funny thing is it has no windscreen and the seats! Well lets just say it will be an intresting drive to the Nurburgring next year :lol:

I very much doubt i will ever sell the nova, but if i dont use it in the long term i would rather see it moving than sitting in a garage that just criminal :wink:

Matt, i will be looking to sell about september mate and the car will be fully serviced and mint by than. You know me and my cars :wink:

Karl

Riggy
21-03-05, 09:01 PM
excellent karl :lol:

you and andy were really buzzin about it on sat :lol:

hope it all go well for you mate

krobinson
21-03-05, 09:04 PM
I dont know what rock i've been hideing under, but i've no idea what it is you want to buy, could you do a little search for a pic and let me see karl? Sounds interesting :)

I very much doubt i will ever sell the nova, but if i dont use it in the long term i would rather see it moving than sitting in a garage that just criminal :wink:

Stop talking like rick (break it, sell it etc) :P

Keith

krobinson
21-03-05, 09:07 PM
http://www.megabusa-power.co.uk/SVA/sva9.jpg

Whooops!! Now i know!

Keith

NickWalliams
21-03-05, 09:14 PM
why dont you get one of these bad boys?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/K1-Attack.jpg

Its a K1 attack kit car, costs ?12500 for the kit and you need a Honda accord donor car.

It is one of, if not the nicest looking car I have ever seen 8)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/untitled.bmp

krobinson
21-03-05, 09:18 PM
costs ?12500 for the kit and you need a Honda accord donor car

Hang on till i find my wallet!! I'll take two! :lol: :lol: :o

Keith (skint :cry: )

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 09:21 PM
Thats the fella Keith, they are as simple as it gets! An engine and four wheels with bike performance, thats what ive been looking for for years.

Carl, Andy wont be buzzing for long hes going to have to stay up for a week and build it with me :lol: Plus a few hours in those seats and i think we both will be wondering what we have done! Though i will make sure Andy gets to drive this one as much as me :wink:

P.S I can see me ending up being buried in my nova, i will never be able to sell it! Its just one day i wont be lucky enough to keep it, my dad is kicking my arse as it is. He wants to get back into classic cars but ive got 2 garages!

Karl

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 09:31 PM
Wow! that does look stunning mate, though going for all out performance now dont think the accord will do it for me.

Amazing looking car for ?12500, that just about buys you a decent fiesta nowadays doesnt it!

NickWalliams
21-03-05, 09:36 PM
Wow! that does look stunning mate, though going for all out performance now dont think the accord will do it for me.

Amazing looking car for ?12500, that just about buys you a decent fiesta nowadays doesnt it!

Dont suppose it will have enough performance, but it just looks soo dam good!

There will be some unhappy fiesta owners once they realise that they could of had one of them instead

:lol:

jkhilton
21-03-05, 10:24 PM
LMAO @ the way they show how much space there is in the boot of one of those K1 cars......

http://www.k1-styling.sk/images_details/37a.jpg

Riggy
21-03-05, 10:25 PM
pmsl :lol:

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 10:26 PM
I will take two if you get one of them in the boot!

krobinson
21-03-05, 10:27 PM
Karl and his threesome fantasies!!

Keith :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

martweaver
21-03-05, 10:32 PM
Karl - i am sure a certain mr Lovering would be interested in a ride in that :wink:

martweaver
21-03-05, 10:37 PM
Along with me of course!! - looks like a stunning bit of kit & must be awesome building one from scratch, a proper trackday weapon!!

Mart

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 10:47 PM
:lol: Dont think i will be building this one in my lounge though mart, the guy was of his rocker for doing that esecially because he lived in a flat!

Dont worry mate, will take you out in the evo before i sell it. Been saving it for the ring :wink: Got to try and buy something to beat all your nova turbos!

Adam Moran
21-03-05, 10:57 PM
Awsome Karl :wink:

God i wish i still lived round the corner from you :x

Your going to have some fun in that :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

burgo
21-03-05, 11:04 PM
why dont you get a robin hood kit and drop a bike engine in it

http://www.houlihane.co.uk/pics/rob5.jpg

its ?3500 for everything in that pic. then you need a shitter siera and a wrote of bike which is about another grand then plenty of time

Stuart
21-03-05, 11:08 PM
cos the robin hoods weight a fuck load by comparrison lol

and they are old technology too.

burgo
21-03-05, 11:09 PM
ahhh yes but there a new lightweight one

dhdev (Oli)
22-03-05, 08:02 AM
sounds awesome Karl, i've always planned to go the westfield route if anything happened to my shell, tho i think i'd stick with vaux power, have u seen SBD's beauty in the flesh! saw it at curborough and its awesome! :o there was a megabusa at cadwell on friday and it looked, went and sounded awesome. Can't beat the sound of a naturally aspirated engine screaming! :twisted: even made norm's 680bhp evo sound tame :lol:

MARTIN KELSON
22-03-05, 08:34 AM
Hi Karl,
Mate of mine Stu, who does alot of work on my Nova he built a Busa westfield winter before last. He had lots of bits missing from the kit, so it was constant trips to Westfield!! They always gave them the missing stiff no questions asked. Cost him in the region of 17k i think in the end, but whot a weapon. I followed him back from Donnington track day last year (you were there on track with Andy) i was gunning it in every gear. Kept up quite well i thought till he told me he was only revving it to about 7k!!
I was flat out and he was croozing!
Sold it few months ago in the end cos it was so impractical and not nice to drive on the roads. Is really a pure track car. Look forward to seeing it on track mate.

karl Rowntree
22-03-05, 06:28 PM
Wouldnt go for the robin hood kit to be honest mate, i personally think they are quite poorly finished and would rather buy a kit that simply needs bolting togeather. Gone are the days where i spend hours making stuff fit etc.

Oli, sorry i couldnt make the track day i had to work! Ive only just noticed SBD do kits for the busa engine, guess i had better find out more :twisted: Would like to go vaux power mate, but it would work out alot more expensive and the performance would not be as good.

Martin, hi mate. Was the kit car day where me and beastie was out on track? Got my inspiration that day :wink: As for it being practicle, i can imagine why your mate sold it lol. TBH all i want it for is track days and to enjoy next summer. Will be getting a trailer and taking it out to wales most weekends i think.

Karl

Nick
22-03-05, 06:37 PM
karl, save up a bit more dosh and get this beauty

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/a0/17/e3_12_sb.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/a2/07/b1_12_sb.JPG

on at ?22k at the mo, only 5000km's on the clock

Has been sitting in a opel Dealership in milan untill 1999

karl Rowntree
22-03-05, 06:41 PM
Dont even temp me mate, it did go through my mind. Though if you think evo's cost alot try one of these.

Did anyone hear about Dave's misfortune at V-Tuning? How much of his lotus did he lose? I would ring him but dont quite know what i would say :(

Karl

benji
22-03-05, 07:39 PM
all of it, and half of another from what i heard.

i'm not being funny but if it's a choise between the nova and a megabusa to be sat in a garage i know what i would have, at the end of the day if it's for track only then you an't go wrong with somthing like that. my mate had a pinto power westfield for a while. not in the same league, but same priciples. but he sold it because it was standing money he could of done with.

dan_mk1
22-03-05, 11:19 PM
:o Good choice Karl. Me and my Dad are going up to Westfield in a months time to 'try' one out, he wants a track tool too....I cant wait!

MARTIN KELSON
23-03-05, 08:44 AM
Hi Karl,
Yea it was the kit-car show at Donnington last year. He built it as well as a bit of father son bonding!!! There was then then the issue of about a 17k track car on track with no insurance wich his dad wasn't keen for.
Awsome piece of kit though. Whot about building the Westfield XTR. That looks pretty cool i think, even better track car due to aerodynamics.
Look forward to seeing whotever you decide to build.