PDA

View Full Version : losing license! :(

bob
30-05-02, 08:07 AM
I think Im defo gonna lose my license but dont know what to do!- I have 3 points for failing to stop at a red lite(level crossing incident) and I was caught last nite clocking up 79ish in a 50 limit,the policeman(only one) pulled me over in his big omega and told me that I will be having a minimum of 6 points :( so that means my license will be lost and Id have to take my test/s again, after I eventually gain my license back, any ideas on what happens to the points?-do they stay with me? I think they do, and any ideas on how much to insure a 1.0l nova spin(cos thats what mines insured as at the mo) I dont know whether to keep the car and carry on modding till I get my license back or whether to sell up, gain my license back and then look into a nova,the only thing stopping me getting rid is I know it will be hard to find another tidy one,and that this is just how I like it,and also the low insurance group its in- what happened bout ged losing his license?

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

spec
30-05-02, 09:24 AM
what quite a few people do is keep their car and do it up to the dogz bollocks so when u get ur license back u have a well smart car coz you have had nowt else to spend the money on !!!!

Stuart
30-05-02, 09:51 AM
the points stay for 3 years and they go off record in 5 years (so you have to keep telling the insurance companies for the next 5 years)

and if you will do 79 in a 50 you kinda deserve it mate sorry

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

Will
30-05-02, 03:13 PM
yeh that was to fast to be going m8, but u say only one cop pulled you? i thought there had to be 2 to convict, otherwise its your word against his etc, i mite be wrong, just a thought?!

bob
30-05-02, 06:34 PM
yeah I guess, he got me on camera tho, but it dont register my speed,just his. Only reason I nailed it was cos I could swear there was noone around,its almost like a carraigeway but lower limit. I do deserve it I know, but I was just after seeing if theres any way I can keep my license

srboy
30-05-02, 07:49 PM
say you need your car for work etc! sum times lessens the final decision!

ade
31-05-02, 02:23 PM
How old r u. If u keep your car and mod it when u get your license back u might find some companies wont touch u coz u were banned, have a modded car and this brands u as a boy racer. If u do get insurance it could be xpensive, so if u keep car, save some cash to pay for hike in insurance, then fit a speed limiter for next 5 yrs so u dont get stung (or just drive sensibly showing off your newly modded car!).
Its amazing how u never see big white police cars till theyre right up yer arse flashing you to pull over. They just materialise out of nowhere... Unlucky & fingers crossed eh :(

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Rich Dale
31-05-02, 11:17 PM
bugger....sorry to here that Bob!

I keep having to slow my self down all the time.....I get carried away at times since I got the GTE! I dread to think what I'd be like in anything quicker :O

I never speed on housing estate roads or smaller town roads though....it's just when I get on a wide dual carriageway or something....well...you know!

I'd cry if I lost my licence and that's all I have to think about for a second and I'm off the gas and on the brakes in a shot!
One thing this should do is make you more careful......79 in a 50 was VERY excessive in the eyes of the law.....almost 30 over the limit! I can't say owt though....I used to do those kind of speeds a lot.....not a good thing!
I've been sooo lucky.....been driving 7 years and only got pulled once ('cos they thought I was too young to be driving lol).

I'm going down to my mates tomorrow down the M1 and I'm gonna take it really easy......your storey has scared me a bit!

I've been a lot more careful lately anyway though......a storey I've got to tell but I've not wanted to 'cos it's a sad one :(

bob
01-06-02, 06:29 PM
cheers Rich. The speed was excessive I know,I just let the car get the better of me I think! the road is a really fast smooth road with a slight bend in it and thats it, theres verges on it and its alot like a carriageway, there was not a car,person,animal,object in site! I had also been very lucky,with my 16v gte brakes I get cocky on how quick I can stop,and it makes me feel safer when Im going faster!(god my feet stink at the mo btw, been in my works shoes all day since 7ish and just took em off,eeeew) I know accidents do happen and speed kills,being a driver is a hooj responsibility when u think about it, and when u have the ability to go quick it seems a shame to go slow.
Policing isnt as harsh around the roads in the uk as my county,lincolnshire, cos the police have yet to solve any crime I have heard of round here!,any car theft,break in,vandalism anything! and they have drafted in alot of cars in to make up the statistics and bring in some funding-its almost common knowledge here-someones graffitied on the welcome to lincoln sign by adding"-a police state!"