PDA

View Full Version : nova won't run right

k343ane
21-03-05, 03:24 PM
i'm having trouble with the runing of my xe nova i've changed every thing possible and nothing cures it.
when you rev it it's fine but when you drive it it miss fires at 2000rpm to 3000rpm.
I've had the fault finder on and it's got 3 faults:
idle Co potentiometer-voltage high
air flow sensor-voltage low
hall sensor-voltage low
Ive had the wiring loom to piece's and found no probs with the loom

Dod
21-03-05, 07:12 PM
Yhats a mechanic job mate.. The pro's'll sort it in a few mins,.

retrosi
21-03-05, 07:25 PM
sounds like it could be the camshaft sensor as this is the hall sensor the codes are higlighting. The mass meter fault is probably related to this. Not sure what the first fault is all about though. Go to the garage and get tech2 put on it and just get them to diagnose it properly. It should be a simple fix. If youve done the timing recently make sure youve timed everything properly. The noise of the engines idle is usual a good sign to see if the engine is running properly.

Stuart
21-03-05, 07:59 PM
did you do the test when the engine was stopped?

if so then you could be mistakenly thinking the crank snsor is fecked. its not usually the case.

id go with taking it to the dealer for a 15 min ass raping for a tech 2 tbh. you could change the cam sensor and maf sensor but it might be costly to gain you nothing.

Aragorn
22-03-05, 12:21 AM
dealer is a waste of time

all they will do is plug it in say oh lookie its showing faults for X Y and Z those are broken ?400 to replace them please

sounds like an earthing problem to me