PDA

View Full Version : Rolling arches

boredbloke
21-03-05, 01:04 PM
How easy is it to roll your arches?

nobody round my area wants to take up job so it looks like i'm gona have to do it myself!

I've a 5 dr with 195/45/15's i'm dropping it 60mm (springs and struts)
I believe the wheels shouldn't rub or anything dew to the fact of the arches on the five door

anyway any help would be appreciated

Cheers All

Philsutton
21-03-05, 01:07 PM
the wheels shouldnt rub, mine didnt with 60mm and 15s on. I only started to get rubbage when i put my 16s on an lowered it more, plus i reckon the offset isnt right.

Failing that get a very big hammer an hit your car until you have a big smile on your face

boredbloke
21-03-05, 01:07 PM
Now that sounds like a plan! :D

Dar
21-03-05, 02:23 PM
You could grind them out. My where rolled (and filled with some sort of silicone) but I noticed that bits of rust where coming through so I ground the lip off. Its not hard.

I have also had another argument with my arches that involved Mr Grinder (again) and a big hammer :?

Dod
21-03-05, 07:11 PM
Yeah, grinding is the only job. Cut the lip right off and have someone carefully weld the two seams together if you can see them, give it a few layers of undercoat being careful not to over spray, a wee bit of body colour paint and you're flying. Rolling the arches can lead to trapped water, and cracked paibnt and so, rust. If this happens, then get your hammer and batter away til you're smiling, crying or locked away for a long time.