PDA

View Full Version : Bias Valve / Servo

Stoo
21-03-05, 11:28 AM
Hello peeps!

Just a quick question!

Ive purchased some goodies but not yet fitted them, These are 325mm discs and 4 pot brembos for the front, and ive got a disced rear beam, all ready to fit! Question is do i need a bias valve and bigger servo??

I have been told i dont need a bias valve by the guys at protec cos of the size of the front calipers, but im still a bit dubious! Dont wanna slam on at high speed only for the rear end to spin round on me!

The servo is also a concern, is it gonna be big enough to make these awesome stoppers perform! As i bought the car as an unfinished project im not sure of its size! Its an XE now but as far as i can remember it was an SR or possibly an SRi! Its on a G plate so im not sure of the ins and outs of models 100%!

If anyone can shed any light on my probs there help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers! Stu!

Stuart
21-03-05, 11:54 AM
bias valve YES

"Bigger Servo" not nessecaraly. it only makes things feel easier. eg like power steering.

you will find that your pedal travel will be increased due to the master cylinder not having much capacity for the increase in caliper piston size, so you may wish to upgrade that, but if your going for a bias adjuster and big brakes all round id suggest a pedal box with appropriste cylinders for the front and the back and then do the extra tweeks with the bias bar.

Stoo
21-03-05, 01:19 PM
may run without a bias valve for now and see how it performs

If adverse effects then will put one in!

Stuart
21-03-05, 01:38 PM
ill put money on you locking up and going sideways the first time you try and brake "in anger" lol

fit the valve now and possibly save your ass!