PDA

View Full Version : House music (again) lol

kevw
21-03-05, 10:31 AM
http://www.kevw.com/blog/?/mixes&id=BREAKHOUSE

Download that, it's a 45min mix I did on Saturday..

I warn you now, if you don't like house music, especially deep house then you wont like this!

It's got a few variations in there, I'm not totally happy with all the mixing but hey, I was hungover lol

Theres also a couple of tunes in there which are going straight to the back of my box now! (I hadn't listened to them properly until this mix, the one that goes "welcome to the jungle" was getting a bit annoying hence the quick exit!)

It's good to chill out to and Rex (aka G-T) branded it a "warm up set", suppose it is really...

James B
21-03-05, 11:12 AM
will have a little listen now mate. just downloading...

in the meantime, what method do you use for recording your sets, do you record to CD then upload to PC or record direct to PC.

I really want to start recording direct to PC but cant seem to find a suitable program. The ones I've tried so far don't seem to have the sound clarity required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Kev.

James

kevw
21-03-05, 11:22 AM
I record straight to the PC, it took me ages to find a prog that was any good...

Most of the recording software is way too bulky, I've found this small piece of software called "Total Recorder" which can record anything that comes out of your PC speakers OR it can record from your line-in on the soundcard.

Only problem is it records as a WAV file which are good quality but massive file size, you can get it to record as MP3 but I have'nt fiddled with that (think you need codecs etc)

I use another piece of software to convert to MP3, and when I burn to CD I just use the WAV file (Nero converts it into an audio CD anyway so may aswell use the higher quality version)

For instance, that mix your downloading is 497mb (1536kbps / 48kHz) as the WAV version and only 41.4mb (128kbps / 44kHz) as the MP3 version!!!!!!!

I should really turn the WAV settings down coz 1536kbps is a bit overkill lol

James B
21-03-05, 11:28 AM
LOL ahh its all good fun eh

So is this program available for free download or do you have to buy it

Liking the mix so far mate la la la :bday:

James

Rexy
21-03-05, 11:30 AM
Piss off with your House... get some Break's done you tart!

James B
21-03-05, 11:31 AM
p**s off with your House... get some Break's done you tart!

SLAP for you :lol:

cheers for the pm Kev