PDA

View Full Version : Quicky - ET35 15's ? ?

Barn
21-03-05, 12:23 AM
Hey, what would a Nova handle like -60mm on a set of 15's with an offset of ET35?

I'm thinking spacers are abit dodgy??

Thinking of selling my 16's and getting these? The 16's are ET45 and I havent yet tried them on my car so...

Any thoughts guys?

:+:

-Bruce-
21-03-05, 07:37 AM
I would say dont get them wait till a set with correct offset come around. As they may be cheaper.

And it could save you gettin pissed of with crap offset wheels and buying a new set.

And the handling will be better with 45-49mm so i would stick with them.

Bruce

Aragorn
21-03-05, 10:29 AM
they are going to be like youve fitted 14mm spacers to your standard et49 wheels

so it will stick out the sides miles and look and handle shite

Barn
21-03-05, 03:54 PM
cheers lads, was kinda thinking that tbh but they are lovely wheels

oh well, they can stay where they are!

:+:

SRimon
21-03-05, 05:04 PM
http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/simonparkman83/hpbimg/Nova.Front.Right.Tints.jpg

that was ET 35 lowered 60mm :wink:

had to have the rear arches rolled and flared, still handled quite nicely, altho bottomed out on the front arches for a past time :roll:

oh and that was with 195/45/15s

benji
21-03-05, 05:55 PM
why will it handle badly?? it will have a wider track. the only problems you will have is the front wheels sticking out of the arches, mot failure

SRimon
21-03-05, 06:12 PM
195/45's on mine on ET35 sat flush with the arch not inside tho hence bottoming out on bumps...

yea it handled nicely cos of the wider track in a way....

Dod
21-03-05, 07:06 PM
Once towed a scrapped Nova with a pair of some sort of alloys with a 35mm offset, cant remember what, on the rear. A lovely line ground into the tyre when we got it back. Far too wide mate. I've had a set of 40 or 42mm alloys on my nova, handled like a dream but i had to cut away the whole lip on the inside and jack out the arche, and it still cought on the inside as well.

benji
21-03-05, 07:21 PM
my fox's were et42. the fit ok. couldn't get it as low as most people though. now i'm running et49 + a 5mm spacer

Dod
21-03-05, 08:59 PM
See the spacers, does that allow you to lower it more or is it for handeling purposes, ie, wider track? Had 42mm offset rims that left the car with a wide stance but slight rubbing problems. Switched to speedlines now and it looks a bit narrower.

Aragorn
21-03-05, 11:30 PM
the reason it fucks the handling is it moves the geometric centers around

the suspension was designed and calibrated in the factory for ET49 alloys

the further away from that you go the worse things get with regards to the original alignment of the components

further to that you will eat bearings - i fitted brand new bearings in the rear of my saloon when i got it and within 12 months of running ET38's the rears were howling again

if u think ET42 wheels handle well i'd suggest u have a go in a similarly sorted car on et49 wheels and see what u think, i drove my brothers car on et49 cav wheels with gmax -60 springs and standard shocks and couldnt believe how much better it handled than my et38's on bilstein streetline, it was soo much more fun to drive, more predictable, more "pointy",more stable, he's now fitting some coilovers and its even better still

benji
22-03-05, 12:23 AM
See the spacers, does that allow you to lower it more or is it for handeling purposes, ie, wider track? Had 42mm offset rims that left the car with a wide stance but slight rubbing problems. Switched to speedlines now and it looks a bit narrower.

i have spacers to clear my brakes and coilovers

Aragorn
22-03-05, 12:40 AM
yer my bro is also now running 3mm spacers to clear the spring platform

ET46 isnt really that far outta spec tho

standard nova gte alloys are 47 and down to around 45 is ok - anything more than that and it starts getting funny