PDA

View Full Version : A few problems!!?!?!?!?

Craig_Nova
20-03-05, 11:02 PM
Ive had a bad weekend with my nova a bit of help is needed asap from you guys please.Heres my problems

Turn the car off, it judders for about 5 seconds afterwards-How can i stop this and what is it??

I checked the oil,There was none in at all! I only topped it up a month or so ago? So what can the problem be?? Theres no blue smoke and cant see any leaks on the engine or around it.

When i first Drive off after just startin the car judders for a bit-Any ideas??

O and i got 250 miles away in blackpool and the speedo cable decided it wanted to snap, Any ideas how to fix it and where to get the cable from??

Cheers

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 11:12 PM
sounds like ingition timming, wot engine is it?

Craig_Nova
20-03-05, 11:14 PM
Its a 1litre 1991 mk2, Is it hard to fix?? How much at a garage

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 11:20 PM
yea its like a 5 min job, but it mite not be that, carb could be dribbling which would cause run-on so carb mite need setting up and a bit of carb cleaner thru it. plus no oil wont help it.

Craig_Nova
20-03-05, 11:22 PM
I used some carb clean on it before a few weeks back, That didnt help :( . I wonder if i get it set up and the timing done it will help.What you think?

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 11:38 PM
if the timing is wrong, was it like it wen u bought it?

Craig_Nova
20-03-05, 11:40 PM
Na,When i brought it 12 months ago. I couldnt drive so it sat on drive for about 4 months, The juddering and that has gradually got worse over the past month or so. And as for the oil problem, ive never had that before.

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 11:47 PM
well try timming first. but if its bin stood 4 a bit it could be card. any help on this one ppl!!!

Aragorn
21-03-05, 10:42 AM
stick some super unleaded in it and see if the problem goes away

if it does its probably timing related, get it "Crypton tuned" or whatever and that should fix it

as for the oil its an ancient pushrod engine - burning oil is just something that happens and u wont see it reeking out teh back unless its REALLY far gone

generally u should check it every 500miles or so

Philsutton
21-03-05, 12:56 PM
You can get a cable from scrap yard for next to nothing. It screws into the top of the gearbox an is only normally hand tight anyway, it also so clips into the back of your clocks then you just pull it through the bulk head.

boredbloke
21-03-05, 01:00 PM
"Crypton tuned"

I'd recommend that too mate worked for my banger!

gonna get another done once my carbs are fitted, only costs about 50 quid to do.