PDA

View Full Version : Urrrgggg FFS

Rexy
20-03-05, 08:25 PM
Why is it that you get your ideas and plans sorted, then little things go wrong and you end up thinking ahh F**K this and move onto somthing else.

I've been sayin for years I'd build a nova for myself (motorsport stylee) and for years somthing has always come between it. I bought a nova sr 1300 a lil while ago and its an absolute shed, I only bought it as it was from down sawf and I really really wanted a nova so i kinda just bought it. The car then got broke into and things have rapidly got worse.

Being involved in the golf scene and still owning a golf I was just about to scrap the idea of making a motorsport nova yet again and work on the golf as I have been offered a 16v engine. After a fair bit of homework it seems to be a rather large conversion from the humble 1272 which is in there. Ideally I'd need a donnor car but 16v golfs are pretty expensive. So it leaves in a Rut YET AGAIN. . .

After seeing chris16v nova and his mates Red GSI (valverd? ? ? ) I'd been given the nova Bug again even Mr Riggy has offered me a new (project shell)

I know I'm being a tart and wanted to rant lol.

I'm sure many peeps have been here before, Damm you peeps with nice nova's :evil:

General Baxter
20-03-05, 08:29 PM
Mr Riggy has offered me a new (project shell)

carl, any info on this :wink:

krobinson
20-03-05, 08:34 PM
Happens to us all mate, i've been close to breaking/selling my Nova a few times, but now after 2 years hard work, changing job 3 times with many ups and downs inbetween, i'm very happy with it.

Keep at it!

Keith

srs1
20-03-05, 08:40 PM
the red valvered nova was mine mate.
you were all standing on it.
suprised you didn't see me on the way home from karting.
as i made it home in 1.20hrs which is good going considering it take 2.

Rexy
20-03-05, 08:44 PM
lol, Lovley car that fella.... I was stood on the other nova with no wings :oops:

srs1
20-03-05, 08:47 PM
it aint mint yet matey.
needs a bit more work, the usual wip post will never appear lol

Fester
20-03-05, 08:50 PM
Get on with it :lol:

Rexy
20-03-05, 08:51 PM
PMSL... shut up you.

ANDYRACER
20-03-05, 10:08 PM
Keep the nova u knw it makes sense far cheaper than messin with a golf.

Dave
20-03-05, 10:28 PM
find a 16v passat think the engine is better in them than in the golf gti plus would probably be cheaper

Riggy
21-03-05, 09:31 PM
Mr Riggy has offered me a new (project shell)

carl, any info on this :wink:

just that primered mk1 sr :D

but gaz came down tonight and had a look but its gonna need a bit of work aswell so its goin to heaven on sat :lol:

Stuart
21-03-05, 09:39 PM
sean i was farting on your car :) id check the paint to see that its not run lol

rex your a pooooof
any enginey/gearboxy parts you want give me a shout and ill see what i can scrounge ;)

epo
21-03-05, 09:42 PM
gaz find a nice 1.8 t
theres a guid in performance vw on how to do it

Rexy
22-03-05, 12:00 PM
STOP IT.....

20v tubo indeed....
:roll:

epo
22-03-05, 04:41 PM
have a look in this months performance vw theres a couple of 16v engines for sale mate ones going for ?150 as he need the space

epo
22-03-05, 06:39 PM
if you want those numbers gaz for the engine just let me know

also can you pm me and tell me how to remove mk2 gti clocks and glove box please :wink:

Mel
24-03-05, 09:01 PM
After seeing chris16v nova and his mates Red GSI (valverd? ? ? )

Wonder why mine was by-passed and ignored :lol:

I too have the nova bug, and have been fixing my GTE up ready for being on the road. It's getting close, and I just can't wait till it's finished...

Roll on summer is all i can say (hopefully lol)