PDA

View Full Version : Karting, how was it guys?

karl Rowntree
20-03-05, 08:18 PM
Well it seems very quite in here! Have you all gone to bed after your endurance race :lol:

Really am very sorry me and andy had to leave, but having spent all night in york A&E the last thing i felt like doing was karting :cry: Chris if you didnt want me to come you only had to say :wink:

Anyway i had a top night regardless of what happened, and chris damn you can drink mate. I had to sweet talk the bouncers just to get them to let you stay, very entertaining!

So how did you all get on? Everyone have a good laugh? Hows about a big thanks for Chris for going to all the effort of organising it, cheers mate and sorry we went home early. Will have to kick your arse on the bumper cars at Ultimate Street Car :wink:

Karl

Matt EvoVI
20-03-05, 08:24 PM
Good to hear your ok Karl, they seamed to have had a good day when i poped in there in the afternoon :)

I will have to come to the next one :wink:

Rexy
20-03-05, 08:30 PM
MUCHOS FUN :D

BIG thanks to chris for sorting it out... well done fella, Excellent day would go on further organised events (ebay feeback report) :lol:

Nahh, nice one fella...

krobinson
20-03-05, 08:31 PM
lol, what happened that you guys ended up in A&E? Sounds like the end to a mad night!

Drinks a terrible terrible (but fun) thing.. lol

Where are all the karting guys?

Keith

srs1
20-03-05, 08:36 PM
well i look like death warmed up now.
i am shattered.

karting was fun, but i will be suffering tomoz no doubtly.

benji
20-03-05, 08:37 PM
it was great fun. cheers to chris for sorting it out. it's a shame you had to go karl. did scott go with you? i saw him breifly at chris' then he dissapered

Rexy
20-03-05, 08:49 PM
I think everybody felt the same way mate, I was rough as a badgers arse all day http://elouai.com/images/icq/sick.gif

kevw
20-03-05, 08:51 PM
Was awesome!

I'll repeat what everyone else is syaing really, thanks to Chris and I am knackered!

Karl what happened to you, Chis mentioned something about your chin!? (did he bite you lol)

Kev.

benji
20-03-05, 08:53 PM
he kissed him

srs1
20-03-05, 08:56 PM
he kissed him in a form.
lol

chris your an acoholic!

sh0rty
20-03-05, 08:57 PM
Was an absolutely fantastic day! I have never karted before and it was fantastic. Sore knees and ribs/back but well worth it. I now want to build a go-kart/get a quad or something similar so I can fly round bends and skid like I was today.

All in all wikked day, even though our girlie team came last by 63 odd laps :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

Nice one Chris and everyone who turned up
(cheers for the sponsors Chris & Dave)

karl Rowntree
20-03-05, 08:59 PM
Hope you had a good day Matt? Everyone made it back in one peice mate?

Keith, we had a very big session last night. Walking back from the club we were doing the usual drunken things i.e picking chris up :lol: Then chris jumped on my back when i wasnt expecting it and because hes twice the man that i am (not in that way!) i fell to the road head first with chris on top! My chin hit the road and exploded :o Dont think ive ever blead that much.

Anyway, got to go in an ambulance and see yorks hospital. They put my chin back togeather and x-rayed it to check it wasnt brocken as i cant bite, but turns out its badly bruised thank god. Got back at 5.30 and slept in the caravan :lol: Chin up!

Thanks to dee, andys girlfriend for keeping me company :wink: And chris no need to apoligise, accidents happen matey.

Karl

sh0rty
20-03-05, 09:11 PM
ouch! :roll: Hope your ok lol, you missed a top class day.

Not too sure on where everyone is though lol

Matt EvoVI
20-03-05, 09:13 PM
Yep it was a great run karl, would have been better if you were there :)

Maybe next time :wink:

Matt

benji
20-03-05, 09:19 PM
i got some vid's and pic's but they are crap. the vids are quite dark and all you can hear is a onstant droning, you cant hear the karts going past. and all the karts look dead slow. and all the pic's are black. i don't think i'll bother putting them up, although i do have a good pic of camp man. :D any guesses who i mean?

burgo
20-03-05, 10:02 PM
im gutted i missed it praps ill have to organise one at the northampton karting place

Chris
20-03-05, 10:03 PM
Top day out, once again sorry karl, cant remember it though. We managed to fill your places anyway. Thanks to everyone who turned up, Benji, Scott came last night but left today without karting as he was too rough. The karting was won by a team made up of my mates, and second place too. 'We' were the quickest Novaload team, me JkHilton and Lenny (Benji's mate) and Jim got the quickest lap time, even though he got overtaken by a girl, well done Sam, hehe

Chris

Dave
20-03-05, 10:25 PM
was a great day out top class fun think most people will have sore backs/hips tomorrow :lol:
good to see everyone again/meet some new people

well done chris
and thank you for the drunken call on the way up :lol:

jkhilton
20-03-05, 10:40 PM
it was an awesome day, I'm paying for it now though with the bruises and pains!!! lol

Chris, did you mention about Jim being overtaken by a girl? lol

Philsutton
20-03-05, 10:44 PM
wish i had gone now might have come back with a car that worked ffs

Chris
20-03-05, 10:44 PM
Chris, did you mention about Jim being overtaken by a girl? lol

:lol:

Rexy
20-03-05, 11:18 PM
Piks PIks Piks...

Oh did anybody find a set of Pink Star shape sunglasses?

benji
20-03-05, 11:38 PM
who was it in team 4 that i called in the pit?? it was well funny to see him sat there looking for a driver to swap with while the rest of the team didn't even know he had come in.

that's what you get for leaving you pit board unattended

Rexy
20-03-05, 11:40 PM
Benji thats cruel man...

Considering it was a NOVAload day out there were only 3 novas present :lol: Whats all that about ? ? ?

benji
20-03-05, 11:44 PM
i was in the clio because the nova is hardly used anymore. only for trackdays and pod. anywhere else and i use the clio

Rexy
20-03-05, 11:52 PM
Hilton's Evo's rather nice makes some strange smells tho :lol:

benji
20-03-05, 11:58 PM
Hilton's Evo's rather nice makes some strange smells tho :lol:

and some bloody nice noises. and flames

Rexy
21-03-05, 12:03 AM
pmsl the little attention seeker :roll:

jkhilton
21-03-05, 12:55 AM
lol, I tried to sneak out without making a sound, it's not easy you know!! :lol:

Rexy
21-03-05, 12:57 AM
PMSL... :lol:

nova---chris
21-03-05, 01:07 AM
Sounded like a good day out boys and girls.
Think this is what makes things worth it. Good to have a bit of fun to without the cars involved. lol

anyhow not good about your incident karl but had to laugh about the way you wrote about your chin reconstruction bit!!! Hope its not to serious matey!!

Anyhow well done all and hope it all went well. hopefully if theres another one at some point i can make it along.!! :)
Perhaps a huge novaload pissup night out would go down well?? lol!!!

sh0rty
21-03-05, 06:29 AM
I have a bruise on my left side ribs, i somehow kept leaning onto the seat on corners lol. Right knee is killing, was leaning on the steering wheel pole or something. And my spine/middle of back is killing too :( :'(

but well worth it lol

p.s. sorry Jim ;)

jkhilton
21-03-05, 06:33 AM
I have a bruise on my left side ribs, i somehow kept leaning onto the seat on corners lol. Right knee is killing, was leaning on the steering wheel pole or something. And my spine/middle of back is killing too :( :'(

but well worth it lol

p.s. sorry Jim ;)

You just described my bruises/pains!!!!

Stuart
21-03-05, 08:03 AM
Did jim get overtaken by a girl? :lol:

ive got a sodding great red patch on my back where i was rubbing on the seat back. owwwww oh and a sore neck from a bit of whiplash.

the marshals were unfair! :p

it was a fun day. i think i slept rather well last nite.
cheers chris

oh and did jim get overtaken by a girl?

Jim
21-03-05, 09:25 AM
Kev was on my team and he asked me to let Sam go past, so I did it as a favour to Kev...honest ;) :P

Was a really good day. I think we're all suffering from the same injuries, all except Karl, sorry to hear what happened Karl :(

I'm aching so much. After driving in that go-kart throughout the afternoon I then had to drive my own go-kart for another 3 hours. Driving my car for that length of time made Johns Evo sound and feel like a luxury saloon, lol, albeit a fast one, lol.

Thanks to Chris for organising it, I can see many more Karting meetings in the pipeline - need to get you all to a proper kart track ;)

Jim

kevw
21-03-05, 10:34 AM
Kev was on my team and he asked me to let Sam go past, so I did it as a favour to Kev...honest ;) :P

lol, that is a good excuse!

We also need to point out that Chris (I think it was Chris, and maybe others too lol) crashed into the wall and covered his Kart in tyres lmao

Could just see a pile of tyres with a helmet sticking out

Rexy
21-03-05, 11:28 AM
Did chris hit the tyre wall as well? I know somebody pushed me straight into the wall after the straight. 30mph into a tyre wall :o :lol:

Jim
21-03-05, 12:35 PM
LOL, I drove past to see someone buried in the tyres. I think that somebody who pushed you into the tyre wall might have been the big man himself :wink:

Jim

srs1
21-03-05, 04:53 PM
well chris was an evil sod.
he rammed me whilst we were on a yellow flag and then waved at me.

so i hit the brakes on him.
sore back now :oops:

i am quiet proud that i got black flagged too.
after thinking about it last night,
sorry jim and kev.
we came 2nd in the novaload group by 3 laps.
my black flag and stopping whilst jim was talking prob lost us thosae laps.
sorry lads.

kev and i were talking about a karting place near where we live, its an outdoor/indoor place. (you go through tunnel to the outside)
i shall look into it.

the drinking session was cool. S club seven is the coolist club in the world lmao.

epo
21-03-05, 05:32 PM
am well gutted i missed it just goes to show that kids carry diseases
went to bed 3:30am saturday morning
woke up at 8am and was sick for the rest of the day and sunday r lass had the job of looking after all 3 of us
like i said apologies i missed it :( :(

srs1
21-03-05, 05:35 PM
you did sound rough on the phone lee.
hope your feeling better.

hows the chin today karl?

andy's mrs was outstanding, she was a natural nurse to you. think we would have all stood there and told you, you were bleeding.
ambulance was well quick too.

epo
21-03-05, 05:38 PM
yeah am better now just pished off i missed the weekend
i live for them

Rexy
21-03-05, 06:08 PM
epo u even missed the hot girls in lil skimpy stuff handing out the champers and medal's...

epo
21-03-05, 06:27 PM
karting = bad stuff for me
i was suposed to go last year as part of a mates birthday but was laid off work so couldnt\wouldnt spend the money on it as we needed it more
and this time im ill

Jim
21-03-05, 06:53 PM
i am quiet proud that i got black flagged too.
after thinking about it last night,
sorry jim and kev.
we came 2nd in the novaload group by 3 laps.
my black flag and stopping whilst jim was talking prob lost us thosae laps.
sorry lads.

LOL, don't be silly Sean. I reckon Chris slipped the marshals a few quid as he never got blag flagged and should have done on more than one occasion, lol.

Jim

Chris
21-03-05, 06:58 PM
sorry Jim, I must disagree, I never did anything to deserve a black flag. I must also state that I never rammed anyone into the tyres, I just demostrated to Sean that it wasnt wise to go round the outside of me on the first corner, and made him make a decision to either keep it nailed and try or back off, he kept it nailed :lol: I had nothing to do with Gaz lol

Chris

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 07:39 PM
Sounding like you all had a top day :wink: Whats this about scott going home? Brummie girls cant handle there beer :lol:

Wish i had of seen your evo John, i fancied feeling the pro's of autronics :wink:

As for the injury's today it sounds like we have all had our fair share! I really am feeling pretty ruff today :cry: Didnt sleep last night and my jaw managed to lock solid over night. Not been able to eat properly yet, which is going down well with my mom lol Not as if i can afford to lose weight as it is. The cut seems to be opening back up aswell so i think its going to be a trip back to hospital in the week. Never mind, getting used to braking bones now so will keep smilling well trying anyway :lol:

To be fair i think Chris deserves a medal as i didnt realise one human could physically drink that much alcohol! And yes Sean the club was special! The door man was glad we came in, it gave them something to do lol. And what was with the toilets! :o Had a shock when some girl bigger than me tryed to get in the cubicle with me.

I think we should do something nice and quite for the next meet, maybe a day bowling? maybe the grass bowling variety where we all drink tea and wear cream jumpers? Just an idea, though i would probably drop the bowl on my toe and brake it!

Karl

Riggy
21-03-05, 09:20 PM
lol you just described matt's evo meet there mate :wink:

as sam and a few others have said i have got a bruise on my back from leaning into that screw ,and a bruise on my right knee from the metal bar and my arms are aching so much :lol:

but was a top day :lol:

also feel really sorry for karl as he looked in so much pain sun morning on the floor of the caravan , lol i nearly stood on his head when i got up lol - but his quote was so funny "ive got a frog in my throat " pmsl :lol: :lol:

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 09:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was damn funny in the morning when i woke up mate, though i was nearly in tears when we were laughing. And as for the frog that was just scary! Would of love to of seen him running off :lol: When it happened i didnt have a clue what was going on, do i remember your girl friend running back to the unit? Her voice was the only one i could remember, apart from dee telling me everything was ok.

Quite bazare waking up in a caravan in a workshop in Selby :o

Riggy
21-03-05, 09:29 PM
lol yeah thats right mate gettin you some tissues

(which sean took a pic of the morning afetr lol)

deffinetly strange wakin up in a dark caravan in a unit :D

Chris
21-03-05, 09:34 PM
LOL, I drove past to see someone buried in the tyres. I think that somebody who pushed you into the tyre wall might have been the big man himself :wink:

Jim

I was following you at that point Jim

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 09:35 PM
A picture, thats just wrong lol. Where did i leave them then, on the side of the road?

Riggy
21-03-05, 09:37 PM
lol yeah on in front of someones drive :o :lol:

andybishop
21-03-05, 10:12 PM
Just like to say thanks to Chris for the Weekend, Was a shame to have to leave early and miss the Karting but the 3 of us were wrecked on Sunday afternoon. Karl and Dee not getting back from the hospital till 5.30 and me not really being able to sleep anyway and sitting outside the unit waiting for them to come back... Think we must of had about 1-2 hours sleep tops!! and was as said strange 5 of us waking up in a 4 berth caravan in a unit surrounded by cars!! We managed to keep smiling and joke about it in the morning though. Cheers to my Girlfriend Dee for Knowing what to do and managing to stem the bleeding and making sure Karl was ok at the hospital!

karl Rowntree
21-03-05, 10:28 PM
Well said that man!

krobinson
21-03-05, 10:31 PM
You got the perfect chat up like now karl, women love the rough and ready man, tell them you beat a gang of 12 and only came out with that!

Keith

scott.parker
22-03-05, 12:52 AM
Quite bazare waking up in a caravan in a workshop in Selby :o

Think your self lucky,(well lucky you got away from the madness back there)affter being brutaly wrestld with by chris,lol me and sean got the bruising of a life time in 20 mins :lol: im coverd in them,and then i fell out over god know what now,with my mate gary,(always happens) then woke up in the unit,next to chrisis car on an arm chair with john smiths all in my lap(at this point i though i had pissed my self) :lol: then i realised where i was and tryed to go to sleep,but all i could here was chris still pissed up making everyone laugh...must have had 2 hrs max,oh and my mate pete'ss now got some nise red sriped jeans,nice one riggy,that stuf didnt want to stay down long :lol:

So sorry to any one that i,or my mates offended,and a big sorry to chris as they wer moaning at me they wer done in,so i had to leave with them,unless anyone els would droped me home :?

Scott

Jim
22-03-05, 09:24 AM
Did anyone get any pictures of the karting then?

Jim

hendrix
22-03-05, 03:24 PM
was a great day out, im still aching today, got loads of bruises.
benji it was my team that u called in, i had gone to get alex from outside and the other guy was outside at the petrol station. It was well unfair cuz our team was above yours before that incident lol. i tried to get ur pit board but cambridge caught me! :lol:
all in all a great day out
ps sorry about the pile up :wink:

Mel
24-03-05, 08:51 PM
Lol..it was a brill weekend.

Had too much vodka on Sat night (special deal of 4 vodka shots and red bull for ?4!), had absolutely no sleep on sat night, and I ached like hell :wink:

Was a brill day out tho..although I did feel it went on forever (could be due to the fact I was too pissed to care lol).

Do feel sorry for Karl, but glad you're doing alright.

Cheers to Chris for the karting and the hospitality the night before :)

sh0rty
24-03-05, 09:38 PM
you probably felt like it went on forever as we were 63 laps down