PDA

View Full Version : stays running even with no key

polly
20-03-05, 03:07 PM
when i start up the car and go to switch it off it stays running i can take the key out and it runs away fine what is the problem

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 05:13 PM
ignition barrel is worn out.

R1CH
21-03-05, 11:00 PM
Does it just keep on running or does it run for 30 secs or so then conk out ?

If it runs then conks out then it could be down to carb / timing adjustment ? my old 1.2 Nova used to do it, had it Krypton tuned & all was sweet again !!
If it just keeps running & won't switch off then it's probably down to the ignition barrel being worn, i had a Cav with dodgy barrel, you had to stall it to get it to stop, also the key used to fall out sometimes when you cornered a bit to hard !! :lol:

Rich

Nobby
23-03-05, 05:03 PM
ooo nev erd this b4 yet u learn summat newe everyday cheers ppl!!

polly
24-03-05, 01:43 PM
got the bastard sorted out there was 2 strips of wire touching on the printed circuit on the back of my clockswhere the laminated stuff unraveled.you could take out the key and it would stay running but if you hit the clocks a small bit it would cut out :roll:

Purplehayz_868
31-03-05, 09:53 AM
My old nova did that when i fitted some sr clocks in it, so i took them out and changed the circuit map on the back and it was solved

got the ba***d sorted out there was 2 strips of wire touching on the printed circuit on the back of my clockswhere the laminated stuff unraveled.you could take out the key and it would stay running but if you hit the clocks a small bit it would cut out :roll:

polly
31-03-05, 08:46 PM
i just used plenty of super glue :D