PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

notenuffhoursintheday
20-03-05, 10:58 AM
Hey guys does anybody know where i can get a suspension kit for less than 200 quid also where could i get lower than 60 mm springs thanks in advance

rikih
20-03-05, 11:45 AM
g max kits are quite cheap, got mine for 165 but on my sr it only lowered it 35 mm

notenuffhoursintheday
20-03-05, 12:17 PM
well i dont mind the suspension it comes with just as long as i can put my own on as ive heard you cant just put springs on the original shockers coz i dont want speed i want it to be slammed as much as posible like 80 or 100 mm cheers

chris

rikih
20-03-05, 12:56 PM
you can put springs on, but your shocks will most probably be well crap with them on! mine was solid with just springs and was the worst ride ever!

Adam
20-03-05, 03:51 PM
The ride will be less harsh with standard shocks on mate, as they compress easier than uprated ones. When i swapped my dampers from standard to lowered ones the ride went solid, hitting a slight bump nearly knocked the steering wheel out me hands :lol: ,hardly any damping, but cornering will improve with proper dampers as well as springs.
You can do 40mm on standard shocks, but any more you need shocks and springs.
Anything more than 60mm is probably gonna require coilovers.

Rob-16v
20-03-05, 05:25 PM
60mm springs on standard dampers is the worse ride ever, not only is it harsh but the steering it rubbish to.