PDA

View Full Version : GSI Front Seats, New skins??

C-S_Cormac
19-03-05, 08:35 PM
Well like most GSI seats the bolster of mine has worn, can you buy new skins or is it a matter of having to get the seats re apolstered,

Thanks in advance..

Dod
19-03-05, 09:01 PM
I'd imagine its a reapolster(spelling) jobbie, but give your local Vauxhall dealers a bell, might be able to sort you out....

johnny27
19-03-05, 09:47 PM
On my blue and grey SR seats, i had the worn side of the seat from the top (from headrest) down to the end of the bucket (not the bit round your legs) recovered. The guy had material almost identical to the orginal grey, so you'd hard'ly know it was ever covered. Plus it only cost me 15 euro, happy days.

C-S_Cormac
19-03-05, 11:33 PM
That was handy enough then, Its the side bolster on my drivers seat thats worn and busted at the seam, id prob get the 2 front seats done to tidy er up, but if vauxhall sold a full seat skin id be tempted..

Dod
20-03-05, 02:56 PM
That doesn't sound half bad Johnny, where'd you get that done? I've 2 GTE seats i was gonna chuck but at that kinda money.....

johnny27
20-03-05, 03:02 PM
there's a lad up here beside crossmaglen, he does upholstry, allsorts like couches, seats and so on.

Dod
20-03-05, 03:05 PM
Wasn't bad at that sort of money mate.... Got my flush blanking panel for my boot lid. Lovely ABS plastic. Must get pics posted. Lovely piece of kit.

ade
21-03-05, 11:17 PM
I did mine meself - bit of an arse and you need a mum whose a dab hand at sewing but its worth it.

:D

Alternatively - if theyre shagged use the chance to get some decent material - 1/2 leather alacantara and spend a couple hundred getting them done fully.

Dod
22-03-05, 09:55 PM
Ah, Mums are the only job, eh mate?