PDA

View Full Version : Engine bay respray prices, How much have you paid?

tom_beverley
19-03-05, 07:14 PM
In a couple of months I wouldn't mind sorting out the engine bay of my car so it looks as tidy as the outside, theres a few spots of rust appearing.

How much have other people spent getting the bay all cleaned up so I can get a general price for it.

ade
21-03-05, 11:23 PM
depends on how far you wanna go - this could involve removing the bay or just giving it a good clean, removing the perished sealent, reselaing and then touching up.

For a full engine remove, degrease and reapray (including masking off everything) prob ?200 (bearing in mind they'll need to remove the engine and all anciliaries for a proper job.

Purely guess work.

Alternatively - depoending on colour of car you could degrease, chiseland sand old rust and seam sealer away - reaseal using grey stripe or similar, and paint over with hamerite...can be done with engine in but obviously youre limited to what you can reach/see...

Its up to you

flowlikewater
22-03-05, 02:04 PM
you could just do what im planning when i can afford it. get a respray during an engine conversion. then you can get to all the hard to reach places.

dont know bout the cost tho. sorry.

Nick
22-03-05, 06:21 PM
i'd either do it when you'r doing an engine conversion, just take a couple of days to Replace panels, remove rust, and then prime and respray it.

You could try smoothing it like Keith R has done, but i'm a bit dubious about how long it would stay un-cracked on an everyday car !

but to be honest, it doesn't need to be a Pro job, because it's just going to get dirty again and you'l not see it much, can you not have a go yourself ? hire a spray gun and compressor ?