PDA

View Full Version : Horn problem

dan-hipgrave
19-03-05, 05:49 PM
Ok, was driving down the road today, then suddenly my horn started going off constantly. I pushed the steering wheel pad a few times and the horn just carried on going off, pulled over and ripped the wires out from behind the steering wheel pad and it was STILL going off so i popped the bonnet and ripped the wires off the horn itself..

I cant see any broken wires anywhere, every other bit of electric kit seems to be working, so what could have caused it? Have still got the horn disconnected at the moment, as soon as i connect it and turn on the ignition it will start going off again :?

Dan

ANDYRACER
19-03-05, 05:54 PM
Thats a new one neva heard that b4. I could be the solinod is sticking on. Try gettin one from another nova and replacing it.

dan-hipgrave
19-03-05, 05:58 PM
Ok will do mate, good thing ive stil got my 5door sat around :lol:

ANDYRACER
19-03-05, 06:04 PM
If its nt it could be theres another live going to it.

dunova
19-03-05, 06:17 PM
I had this before. Where one of the wires pokes into the steering wheel recess bit, it's got a metal collar thing to hold it in place-but this had moved and was touching the metal inside the steering wheel. Move it away from the metal bit in the steering wheel recess and it should stop-well mine did anyway. Hope that helps. Sorry i'm crap at explaining stuff :oops:

m.d.
19-03-05, 07:11 PM
mine did this once too. it ended up being the contact ring behind the steering wheel had warn and warped due to being so thin. made it touch the metal of the steering wheel or something. its a pain as we all know how hard a nova steering wheel is to get off.

dan-hipgrave
19-03-05, 09:41 PM
cheers guys will check all this out tommorrow..

Oh and i can have a nova steering wheel off in 10 seconds :P ive got a modified draper puller thingy, it actually fits into the steering wheel lol

General Baxter
19-03-05, 11:47 PM
just shout 'beep' out the window :wink:

dan-hipgrave
19-03-05, 11:48 PM
LOL yeh, dont think an MOT tester would be too happy with that :P

General Baxter
19-03-05, 11:51 PM
try it, watch him do the test and as he bangs the horn shout 'beep' as loud as you can ;)