PDA

View Full Version : Coil not sparking HELP PLEASE!!!!!

PE4
18-03-05, 07:18 PM
Hi guys,

When I try to start my GTE, I am not getting a spark out of the coil from the king lead. Only the wide black plug from the engine loom is plugged into the coil, have I missed something out?

Steve

m.d.
18-03-05, 07:43 PM
there is a small plug that goes into the coil itself i think. its got a black wire and a green wire in it. square plug. well it was on my old 8v.

also check that the coil is earthed properly.

PE4
18-03-05, 07:50 PM
Hi,

There is a black wire that comes out of a black box that is located below the coil and mounted on the inner wing, but the box is not connected to the loom in any way, it has a large plug with three wires in it: brown, blue/green, grey. I can plug the black wire to the coil on the spade clip that is on one of the bolts on the face of the coil, but what about the box?

Cheers

Steve

m.d.
18-03-05, 08:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/DSC00737.jpg

found this pic. do you have any other wires than the one on this coil. there is normally 2 wires that come from the coil itself to the black box that is mounted below the coil.

PE4
18-03-05, 08:46 PM
I have a black wire from the black box that looks like it should fit onto the spade clip you can see in the picture (but in the picture the spade clip is bare?!) and behind the coil taped to the loom is a green wire, now this i think is for the revs and not needed to get the car running.

The black wire comes out of a black box, but the black box is not connected to anything, what should it be connected too?

Cheers

Steve

Riggy
18-03-05, 09:11 PM
have you fitted the engine into an sr shell :?:

have you fitted the gte coil and the plug which goes to the dizzy

PE4
18-03-05, 09:36 PM
Yes, I have done that. I have the complete GTE loom, car and engine.