PDA

View Full Version : PC Game - World of Warcraft

Alex
18-03-05, 01:34 PM
I know most of you love your consoles, but there must be a few "proper" gamers (lol that will upset most of you) out there

Anyone have this game? I noticed that Jules posted about it on MIG.

I have liked the warcraft series a lot and have all of them so far. When I saw this was coming out I immediately wanted it.

For those of you who don't know about it WOW is an online RPG game where you interact with thousands of other online characters by fighting, exploring and doing missions. The game is massive and there is a permanent team of developers continually creating new missions and expanding the world.

However when I heard about a subscription I was put right off and so far have resisted buying it. I understand why they have a subscription - they have a dedicated team working on it, but it means money going out every month for a pc game.

I have read reviews and know that it is highly adictive (in fact I have read about at least 3 couples who have ended their marrage because of this game lol). Does anyone have it, what is the monthly subscription and what do you think of it?
Will I spend all my evenings in once I get it and have to quit my job, social life and family lol.

benji
18-03-05, 06:02 PM
i have been thinking the same, i like the warcraft games but have been put off by the subscription, and the fact that you have to play it a lot to get your moneys worth. i have bought 5 ps2 games since christmas and i think i have played on each for around an hour.

have you played dawn of war?,(or whatever it's called) i like the look of that but don't know it it is any good

epo
18-03-05, 06:29 PM
warcraft is an amazing game series altho starcraft was the best imo still play that

Jim
18-03-05, 06:40 PM
A few mates from work play it and say its one of the best games they've played, so engrosing. Personnaly I'm not keen on the subscription. They should either charge ?5 for the game and have a monthly subscription, or sell the game for ?35 and have no subscription.

Jim

Stuart
18-03-05, 06:46 PM
NERDS lol

Nick
18-03-05, 07:13 PM
im still in the dark ages of Counter-strike lol

i really need to get with the times !

Jim
18-03-05, 07:23 PM
NERDS lol

Jealous!

:lol:

Jim

Jules
18-03-05, 07:27 PM
I posted about it as a lot of the clan I'm in play it (Read. addicted to it!!)
They've started theri own guid and are recruiting people to join it, if you want more details then you know where I am :wink:

Alex
18-03-05, 08:15 PM
how much is the monthly subscription?

Jim
18-03-05, 08:47 PM
I think it's about ?9 a month.

Jim

Jules
19-03-05, 02:53 AM
?8.99 to play WoW, first month is free apparently (I don't play it but this is just from what I gather from the g33ks that do play it within [UK1] clan!!) :lol:

Matt2107
19-03-05, 10:43 AM
I'm a bit addicted to Stronghold Crusader at the minute.

When I lived at home i used to play a lot of LAN games but my flat doesnt have broadband just yet.

I'm put off by the subscription costs as well. Anyone heard of City of Heroes. Essentially you get to create your own shape hero and decide its powers. Then I'm guessing you just do what super heros do... and stuff???

Jack
21-03-05, 12:06 AM
I prefer a bit of pong myself