PDA

View Full Version : Spare strengthening kit bits left over ?

fearless
17-03-05, 07:30 PM
Has anyone ordered/fitted a Strengthening kit (HH Motorsport or copy) and not fitted the 1.5 inch washers that cover the drainage holes in the floor of the shell

I'm after about 14 of these washers to blank the holes on the floor of MY own project - believe it or not I've actually started to seriously make progress on it !!!

Cheers

Dave

justnovas
17-03-05, 09:08 PM
Hello
Have got a HH kit in the work shop I think, but I can not remember seeing any round plates. Will have a look for you.
What project are you doing?
I have 2 projects on the go and never get enough time to work on them.
Are you still making stainless steel roll cages for Novas, if so how much are they and is there a waiting time?

Paul
Just Novas & Corsas

Riggy
17-03-05, 09:09 PM
dave

if you dont get hold of them try and get some dimensions of them and ill try knock some up in work :lol:

kevw
17-03-05, 09:12 PM
Riggy if you do end up making some let me know and I'll have some too!!!!!

Kev.

Stuart
17-03-05, 09:17 PM
ditto

fearless
17-03-05, 09:29 PM
What project are you doing?

Those old skool members who know me will know about the 'Famous' Project - for the last 5/6 years I've been going on about doing a 2Ltr Mid engine RWD Nova conversion for myself ; Long before the 'Big Boys toys' (Chip) Nova or the EDS Twin Engine Nova appeared on the scene

But due to work commitments/lack of effort - nothing has happened !!!

I bought a MINT Nova Van 4 years ago - Planning to make a start - but other (paying) projects got in the way (eg. Brett Warburtons Nova) and since then nothing has happened on it - except stipping it to a bare shell !

However - for the last 4 days - I've been spending 11 hours a day on it !!! - So things are finally taking shape

The trouble is that the bench mark for a show stopping Nova is now so high that everything has to perfect/original idea's in order for it to be noticed/appreciated.

I like to think that building Bretts was a 'Practice run' and that my own project will be better - only time will tell !!!

Don't know when it will be finished - but at least it's started

Dave

fearless
19-03-05, 05:39 PM
Problem sorted - Made some today :D

(get a hole saw 45mm and cut a hole in a bit wood then put this over a sheet of steel then hey presto one template. all you need to do then is take out the manderel of the hole saw and get cutting)

Cheers

Dave

m.d.
19-03-05, 06:56 PM
i dont mean to sound stupid but other than making the car collect water like a fish tank when it ennevitably rains. i cant see the point in all the affourt welding these wholes up. surely it will make no difference to shell rigidity at all.

fearless
19-03-05, 07:07 PM
The disc are a replacement for the plastic grommets and are tacked in place and sealed with seam sealer - they do not offer any strength to the shell but when no carpets are fitted and the floor pan is painted and on 'display' - I think the overall finish speaks for itself !!

Anyway - If its good enough for the works rally teams - it's good enough for my little nova

Dave

Rob77
20-03-05, 12:42 AM
Yeh, I want to do it as I also have no carpets, and the plastic grommets do look crap!

Rob

m.d.
20-03-05, 10:43 AM
i thaught it would be more for looks than practiacality. its a good idea tho. just not what i would do. i took all the bungs out of my nova and have left them out. allows water and crap to fall out he bottom, especially if you are to be running perspex windows as they leak for a past time.

there wa some pics on here of a nova with them welded up (think it might have been ste's) did look clean. 8)

*novadose*
20-03-05, 01:09 PM
When you say grommets do you mean the plugs that are on the bit where rear seats usually sit? Any pics of this set-up?
im going to be running no back seats but im thinking either leaving un-false floored and painted with the sub on a false floor just coming to where the harnesses bolt (rear belt mounts) or following it all the way down to just behind the buckets...
As you say the rubber things look shank so if i just leave it painted id want rid. pics would be cool,
ta.

dan23
15-08-06, 07:49 PM
does anyone have pics of these?

dan23
17-08-06, 10:03 PM
anyone ?

fearless
17-08-06, 10:31 PM
My god - this is an old thread !!!!!

I made mine but you can now get them from here

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=3&osCsid=626ec8b44d941351143baa56c336b933

Dave

joff-turbo-nova
18-08-06, 07:43 AM
Dave

I welded mine all up purely on the basis that they seemed to be a place where rust was being attracted - no more holes = no more rust.

Just seemed a logical thing to do!

Joff