PDA

View Full Version : 3 a warning shot

sickrabbit
17-03-05, 07:10 PM
Last april the wife and I left orange and joined 3. This was the most stupid thing I,ve done in yonks . After 11 months( 4 without a mobile - at the fixers ) and 3 mobiles later ( i wont go into the problems we ,ve had - theres that many ) we,ve both chucked the contracts in ( at last !!) Now I,ve had to get OFCOM involved ( phone complaints ect ) and the contract is over 16 of April BUT HERES THE WARNING FOR THOSE ABOUT TO CLOSE ANY MOBILE CONTRACTS : IF YOU HAVE EVER REPLIED TO A TEXT ( lotterey sindicates chatlines or ANYTHING ) WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN STOP -THEN AFTER THE CONTRACTS CLOSED ( and your numbers finished ) IF THE COMPANY THAT SENT THE MESSAGES , CONTINUE ( to your old line number ), YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR ANY TXTS YOUR PREVIOUS COMPANY RECIEVES . THEREFORE ON CONTRACT CLOSURE ASK FOR ALL INCOMING TXT MESSAGE NUMBER OF SUPPLIER THAT YOU HAVE RECIEVED ( make sure you indicate that they are the premium ones ) , SO YOU CAN TXT THEM ( supplier )THE MESSAGE STOP . THEN GO TO T.P.S -TELEPHONE PREFERENCE S AND REGISTER FOR FREE ( this will also cure any telesales )
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - THIS IS A LEGAL LOOPHOLE THAT I VERY NEARLY FELL INTO , BUT THANKS TO OFCOM - I,M SAFE ( i hope )

THIS IS NOT COMMON KNOWLEGDE. BUT SHOULD BE. :evil:

Stuart
17-03-05, 08:07 PM
3 are crap i know lol

dont know how the hell they managed "network of the year" last year!

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 08:38 PM
They probably won it due to there pay as u go network which is pritty good but IMO O2 r the best espically there genie sim cards.

Chris
17-03-05, 11:04 PM
In the title of post you said 3G etc... what you are actually refering to is the network 'three' try not to get confused with 3G, as it is something different. I am with vodafone 3G, not had any probs whatsoever. Glad you got the advice first and got it sorted

Chris

sickrabbit
17-03-05, 11:16 PM
my mistake m8. you wont believe the problems i had with this network tho....it even came down to the point that after 4 weeks of not having a mobile at all and very heavy questioning on the validity of its fault ( overheating to a point of being unable to be held - both in use and charging) I asked for something in writing to confirm my mobile was faulty - 3 said fine we,ll send you the document -it,ll cost you ?30 !!!

chapers
17-03-05, 11:20 PM
i jus buy the cheap 1nse from the shop(nokia 7600), unlock em and stick my sim card in it... (i no this is about contract fones but i jus thought id say...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

chaps

Jack
18-03-05, 12:11 AM
( overheating to a point of being unable to be held - both in use and charging)
Which handset was that? Both my friends have LG ones and they've had the overheating problem, and my NEC one randomly does it too (boiling hot and discharges the battery)

I've been on 3 since March last year - tbh i'm not that impressed with them, but i'm on the video text 750 tariff so i'm happy. The microphone broke on my phone soon after i got it (cough drop kicked cough), but as I never call anyone (still got my old O2 pay as u go as a backup phone if anyone wants to ring me!) its no skin off my nose, altho the random crashing can be annoying lol. And an old school mate works for 3 now and has offered me some bargains :wink: so i'll probably sign up with them again.

sickrabbit
18-03-05, 05:51 PM
nec e616 are totally rubbish . 3 will confirm this now that theyve had hundreds returned . my faults in mine were : auto cut off , battery overheating , no incoming calls , no txt , no coverage , no ability to check remaining minutes on tariff , constant request of pin numbers.....
the LG ,s have had a serious problem that 3 reckon has been solved with overheating . If yours is doing this , call 333 and report it - try to get your shop / provider envolved - STATE IT IS A FIRE SAFTEY ISSUE - they,ll send your mobile away to be fixed , IF after 2 attempts to be fixed ask for a new replacement mobile - BUT ensure that this is NOT an up grade , cos otherwise this will mean your contract starts again ( they wont tell you this either - they wait till your 14 day returns offer expires and youre then stuck with them for 12 months- and even then you,ll have to drum this info out of em) believe me this company will try EVERYTHING to keep you.

What really cheesed me off was on talking to 3 I was passed from department to department , and then in the crucial moment dissconnected -THERE ARE LOADS LIKE ME .......... :evil:

Jack
19-03-05, 04:41 PM
nec e616 are totally rubbish . 3 will confirm this now that theyve had hundreds returned .
If they're rubbish and have had hundreds returned, why are they still selling them? The phone is ok, it just depends what software revision you have.

no ability to check remaining minutes on tariff
That'll be a problem with 3 services, not the phone handset.

Fester
19-03-05, 04:46 PM
Time for a poll! (http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=108286)