PDA

View Full Version : Why stereo not working?

jock23
17-03-05, 05:36 PM
I have bought a new Alpine CD and gone to connect it to my Nova 1.2. The car still has the original block of wires and the stereo has a connector set that has 2 blocks matching this set.

However when I connect everything up, it doesnt seem to want to switch on?? I dont think there is anything else that needs connecting, so am I doing something wrong??

Any help much apprectiated.

Jack
17-03-05, 05:41 PM
If you're going to do it using those connector blocks, you'll need an adapter from halfrauds or etc.

I chopped the block off my Alpine and wired the HU in myself :lol:

jock23
17-03-05, 05:49 PM
edit:

sorted it, stupid me hadnt connected the ignition leads and battery leads!!!! Now the only problem I have is the fact that the radio resets all the presets when I switch the ignition off, but someone reckons that you just swap the battery/igntion cables around?? Is that correct?

Nick
17-03-05, 10:41 PM
ahh you need fiddle with ign and perm live... it's not remembering the presets because your Perm Live is wired up wrong, so when the ignition turns off, there is no permanent power for the clock and the memory.

Jack
18-03-05, 12:24 AM
I know with Kenwood's you swap the yellow and red over... Can't remember how it is on Alpines though. And I'm too lazy to get up and walk 3 paces to look at mine :wink:

Chris
18-03-05, 02:09 AM
^^^^agreed, red and yellow it is

jock23
18-03-05, 07:42 AM
Yeah a few people have said that, i will swap them over now!!