PDA

View Full Version : D.I.Y. Strut braces

lockys_nova
21-05-02, 05:46 PM
First off not sure which forum 2 put it in.......Has ne1 made their own strut brace?, if so could u possibly tell me the measurements, also is it worth me putting a strut brace on da back?
Thanx alot

If it has tits or wheels it'l giv u probs!:)

Ballsy
21-05-02, 07:11 PM
hey m8, i made a custom one a while back, it had nova sri engraved on it, i was plannin 2 make a few and sell them but i got paid off fae ma job, if u go onto novaowners on yahoo and search for it posted on that u will see mine

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Dannova12
21-05-02, 07:56 PM
i made one as well, but i put it on the car and it caught the airbox!!!

DOH!!!!!!!!!

Stuart
22-05-02, 12:33 AM
ive got the top mounts designed in autocad :D lol

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

CP
24-05-02, 09:11 AM
You don't need any measurements. Make up the mounting brackets first. Look at the ones that you can buy for ideas on the best way. Secure them in place and then get some tube and by carefully cutting and bending it get it to fit onto the mounting plates without fouling the carb or bonnet. Then cover the engine bay over with dampened thick rag like an old thick blanket to stop weld splash damage and tack the modified tube onto the mounts.
The whole thing can then be removed and carefully welded up making sure that it doesn't warp.
Make sure that the pipework is well fitting to the mounting plates b4 welding. Make the securing holes oversized to ensure that it comes off and on easily. Get a proper welder bloke to help to ensure it looks good and is done properly.

ade
24-05-02, 11:47 AM
or buy one to save time ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

kpharrop
24-05-02, 11:29 PM
does anybody know if they do one to fit a TD

"Kwicksave at night, cruisers delight"