PDA

View Full Version : T40 and t45 noise

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 12:58 PM
Ive heard a lot about people saying twin 40s and 45 webbers are really loud but ive neva ever heard them. Could some one plz put up a recording of them? thx

scott.parker
17-03-05, 01:05 PM
Try looking for a post by chris T for a vid of his xe on carbs,or just look on benji's vids its on t40's..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/donington2feb05.wmv

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/donintonfeb05-edit2.wmv

Scott

Philsutton
17-03-05, 01:14 PM
i would go an get some videos of mine but for some reason i cant get the sound to work. Anyone that says twin carbs/tb sound crap is gay, end of.

Another thing is you need go watch a track day an hear them for yourself as they vid just wont do them justice

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 01:51 PM
I justed wanted a rough idea coz im planning on getting another sr and putting t40 on that. As for trackdays i wont be for another year when ive pasted my test coz no one would take me.

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 02:10 PM
Just watched the videos and i neva realised how shit the valvers were going round corners Benji's 1.4 has the valver for breakfast on every corner but as soon as the valver hits the straight its gone. And watchin the 106 u can c y its so fast small block engine for corners and 16v for acceleration on straights. Benji should consider a shot of nos for the straights to keep up with the bigger engined cars and then be able to out brake them on the corners.

Thanx Scott for posting up the videos. :wink:

Chris
17-03-05, 02:17 PM
you have no idea what spec the valvers are, and the driver ability etc...

And the 106 is a 1.6 8v, as all rallyes

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 02:22 PM
Chris don't get upset im just stating wat i saw and i thought it said the 106 was a gti which then makes it a 1.6 16v.

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 02:23 PM
Sorry Chris just looked at the video thought it was a gti but the rallyes arent exactly slow.

Chris
17-03-05, 02:23 PM
well if you just watched the video, it says nova1400 vs 106 rally (it is spelt wrong though)

scott.parker
17-03-05, 02:37 PM
Andy,all i can say is till you can drive(and i dont mean have a driving licence) i mean when you have the experiance and are able to control a car on track at speed and get it to flow just right..till then dont think "you" or anyone els can drive or not,or if there car is "crap" as im sure others will say some cars are great on one track,and on another they can be crap,it's all to do with the bends etc and if you know the track well or not..

Just a tip,try to think a bit on what you have to say before you go posting quite silly comments..

Scott

Philsutton
17-03-05, 02:37 PM
when you say valvers arent doing very well you mean scott cant drive pmsl apparently he isnt that god on the 1/4 either. An another thing ive sending you my fuel bill bitch, because of this post i took it for a spin.

scott.parker
17-03-05, 02:45 PM
when you say valvers arent doing very well you mean scott cant drive pmsl apparently he isnt that god on the 1/4 either. An another thing ive sending you my fuel bill bitch, because of this post i took it for a spin.

Yes sorry it's me am crap,ask chris he will tell you :lol:

Suppose the 1.34 lap time did its self in december :wink:

Chris
17-03-05, 02:46 PM
Yes he's shit :lol:

Joking

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 03:10 PM
Andy,all i can say is till you can drive(and i dont mean have a driving licence) i mean when you have the experiance and are able to control a car on track at speed and get it to flow just right..till then dont think "you" or anyone els can drive or not,or if there car is "crap" as im sure others will say some cars are great on one track,and on another they can be crap,it's all to do with the bends etc and if you know the track well or not..

Just a tip,try to think a bit on what you have to say before you go posting quite silly comments..

Scott

Yes i dont have a driving licence which everyone brings up so fucking what. Anyway i would have neva known about the valver engine given the novas slower times around the corners unless all u in this site hadnt said so. I havent said anyting about anyones driving skills all i have said is u can c how a valver has to brake earlier than a 1.4 engined nova. So dont take offence and make it out to be something it isnt and think be for u start calling people with out a licence it doesnt mean they know nothing.

Chris
17-03-05, 03:13 PM
I was braking much later than Scott

Philsutton
17-03-05, 03:33 PM
im gonna kill you all this year :lol:

Chris
17-03-05, 03:36 PM
not a very nice thing to say Phil

Philsutton
17-03-05, 03:45 PM
well could have been worded better lol, any way i doubt i will as my car is being a twat

scott.parker
18-03-05, 02:35 AM
well could have been worded better lol, any way i doubt i will as my car is being a t**t

Just like you then notts boy,lmao... :wink:

Jim
18-03-05, 11:34 AM
Theres a vid of my car on the rolling road here:

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Vids/

It's called MVI_0914.AVI (great name, I know ;)) The sound isn't brilliant, but it gives you an idea what twin 40's sound like.

For the record though, I'd seriously suggest you past your test and drive around in a 1.2 unmodified car first (the chances of this happening are probably 0 though). The reason I say this is you have no driving experience. Don't even think about coming back saying "I've done rallying since I was 14" or "I've driven a car in a carpark" because that means bugger all when it comes to the public roads.

I use to live in stockport and know what it's like driving round there. It's hectic and busy and there is a lot of traffic on the roads. Having a car that has a modified engine will only end in tears with someone as young as yourself.

This isn't a direct attack at yourself, those of us that have been on this site a while have seen many posts about young drivers writing of their cars due to inexperience, and some of these cars have been standard 1.2's.

Until you experience real driving for a few years it would be suicide to even contemplate a modified engine. Not only that, but running a modified car isn't cheap. Insurance will be very expensive (I assume you are going to declare all modifications, because only idiots don't, and we don't appreciate idiots giving other Nova owners a bad name). Not only that, but when you own a car with twin 40's it's too tempting to put your foot down and as soon as you do, your fuel bill inevitably goes up. Then theres the initial cost of actually getting twin 40's on your car, this can cost from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on the amount of work.

Sorry to go on, but please think about it before you consider this. You are only young and can't even legally drive yet, it would be a shame if anything happened to you whilst your so young. You have got the rest of your life ahead of you to modify cars, theres no rush to do it now. Hell, I didn't own my first car till I was 21, and even then I didn't start modifying it for a few years.

Anyway, I'll get back to my OAP home and leave you crazy kids to it.

Jim

Stuart
18-03-05, 12:28 PM
i agree with jim there

i had my 1.2 nova in more or less std form (head unit and 6*9's were the only real modification lol) for about 5 years.

i really wanted to put a bigger engine in etc but simply didnt feel happy with the idea. I then drove CP's, Chris T's, Dans etc and loved every second of it as they were built for speed and safety in mind.

who filmed that jim? i bet a really wonderful chap did and hes everso schexi lol

Jim
18-03-05, 12:33 PM
Yes indeed a wonderful schexi chap filmed it for me, lol.

Oh, it's 20+ MB for those of you that wish to watch it.

Jim

General Baxter
18-03-05, 01:05 PM
i have an single 40 on my bike and a drilled air box,
sounds very nice at 11000rpm
will get a video/sound when my new 1gig SD card gets here :lol:

ANDYRACER
18-03-05, 04:44 PM
Considering my first idea was to have a 2.0 8 valve in my first car and claim it was a 1.4 i think a 1.2 is a big step down my next idea was then a nova gsi. I bought the sr and the 2.0 8 valve then the sr went to the scrapers i then bought a gsi which i sold now im after an sr which compared to my other ideas is nothing. Ive been told dont modify ur car its a waste of money. Well i decided not to buy anymore bits for my next car and thought i might as well fit the bits i already have. I also think its safer to have wide profile tyres and to have ur car lowered esp. on a nova. And i wasnt goin to fit twin 40s straight away coz i wanted to be able to upgrade the performance when i got bored of the standard power. No i havent been rallyin im nt that rich and yes i have been in a car park, but i wouldnt call that driving. I do agree with a lot of what u say, but the sr is only a bit more to insure and is a far better spec than the 1.2.

Jack
18-03-05, 04:51 PM
Bear in mind wider profile tyres aren't necessarily a better safety feature, and low suspension doesn't mean jack shit, its the stiffness and resultant body roll that is the deciding factor. How many track cars do you know that are lowered over 60mm....

ANDYRACER
18-03-05, 05:16 PM
No what i mean is due to novas cumin with thin tyres and sitting very high up this will cause lots of bodyroll and due to being lowerd it will stop most of the bodyroll and with thin tyres its all ways scary when driving in the wet.

Dan
18-03-05, 05:35 PM
I was braking much later than Scott

Well thats scary then as you came across as a sunday driver the way you spoke when we went out lol

Nick
18-03-05, 05:50 PM
Considering my first idea was to have a 2.0 8 valve in my first car and claim it was a 1.4 .

i wish i was as cool as you !

razorjack, will i ever be cool enough ?

And i think your going to have a BIG suprise when you come to actually get a REAL insurance qoute

benji
18-03-05, 05:59 PM
lol @ this thread. do you always hammer scott this much? i don't usually read anything in muppet.

scott isn't even in them videos, the red one is a guy called simps from mig. he wouldn't move over, he thought he was quicker than me because i couln't keep up on the straights. my reply was "try and keep up with me when i'm in front, but don't try too hard because you'll end up in the gravel"

i have a vid of my engine being ragged but i don't have much space on my site, if you want it add me to msm and i will send it.

Mitchybee
18-03-05, 06:04 PM
Some intresting reading there...

Dan
18-03-05, 06:18 PM
he wouldn't move over, he thought he was quicker than me because i couln't keep up on the straights.

See now that annoys me, your supposed to move over regardless because if someone catches behind you then they are obviously going faster. Its that kind of ignorance that can ruin a day and make people take stupid chances

nathan.
18-03-05, 06:38 PM
he wouldn't move over, he thought he was quicker than me because i couln't keep up on the straights.

See now that annoys me, your supposed to move over regardless because if someone catches behind you then they are obviously going faster. Its that kind of ignorance that can ruin a day and make people take stupid chances

theres was a few at donington that wouldn't move over, really wound me up. :x

NovaloadedAgain
19-03-05, 10:20 PM
Getting back to what Jim was saying-Andy you seriously need to think mate, My old man is a traffic copper & he would screw you big time, You'd lose your licence & be sued by the inland reveue for tax evasion if you had the 2L 8v wrongly registered.
I started with a 1.2 it is a good start for modifying I say.
Also, Im only 18 & I have quite a high performance car for my age around 115bhp, Its all declared & screws me for insurance & Fuel,-That is the price for having a modified car-Like it or lump it.
But Ive got good experience in the amount of different cars Ive owned, That has only been achieved by going through the CC's.
I wouldnt be here now If I got a 2L straight away & thats not from driving like a tw*t Its just knowing what to expect, Handling, braking etc.