PDA

View Full Version : The budget - What do people think?

Alex
16-03-05, 04:39 PM
4p extra on wine
1p on beer
Frozen tax on spirits
Frozen petrol
Stamp duty threshold doubled from 60K-120K
Cigarettes 7p extra
Single parents - 2K for returning to work

dunova
16-03-05, 04:56 PM
4p extra on wine :-:
1p on beer :-:
Frozen tax on spirits :+:
Frozen petrol :-: Should be fooking dropped!!
Stamp duty threashold doubled from 60K-120K-Whats stamp duty threashold :oops:
Cigarettes 7p extra :+: Fuck the smokers :!:
Single parents - 2K for returning to work :-: You shouldn't have to frickin pay them off!!!

Just my views anyway..........

ANDYRACER
16-03-05, 05:08 PM
The tax budget is bollocks it goes up every bloody year. :evil:

Jules
16-03-05, 05:11 PM
4p extra on wine - Neither here nor there
1p on beer - Same as above
Frozen tax on spirits - Same
Frozen petrol - Good news and long overdue
Stamp duty threshold doubled from 60K-120K - Excellent news for first time buyers - 2 years too late for me though!! :evil:
Cigarettes 7p extra - Good, the less people that smoke the better imo
Single parents - 2K for returning to work - Good idea in principle but there must be clause's to it.

epo
16-03-05, 05:12 PM
4p extra on wine - dont care poofs drink
1p on beer- not happy
Frozen tax on spirits- doesnt affect me again like the wine
Frozen petrol- as said should be dropped
Stamp duty threshold doubled from 60K-120K- doesnt affect me as i have my own house
Cigarettes 7p extra- not happy

Jack
16-03-05, 05:14 PM
Single parents - 2K for returning to work :-: You shouldn't have to frickin pay them off!!!
Hmm... its a good incentive to get them back to work, and thus stop claiming other benefits...

Fester
16-03-05, 05:16 PM
This budget has done nothing for me and does nothing for any individuals. Scroungers, undeserved youths and people with kids they can't support score again.

Nice one Gordo.

dunova
16-03-05, 05:17 PM
dunova wrote:
Single parents - 2K for returning to work You shouldn't have to frickin pay them off!!!

Hmm... its a good incentive to get them back to work, and thus stop claiming other benefits...

I suppose i don't know the in's and out's of it, but i feel its just incouraging some people to go back to work, claim their 2K and then decide they like staying at home again!! I suppose there must be regulations in place to stop that happening though. Well, you'd hope so anyway........

ANDYRACER
16-03-05, 05:22 PM
dunova wrote:
Single parents - 2K for returning to work You shouldn't have to frickin pay them off!!!

I suppose i don't know the in's and out's of it, but i feel its just incouraging some people to go back to work, claim their 2K and then decide they like staying at home again!! I suppose there must be regulations in place to stop that happening though. Well, you'd hope so anyway........

I doubt there is a clause knowing are goverment.

Stuart
16-03-05, 05:49 PM
hmmmm now what can i buy for ?120K in east anglia/north london

hmm ohh i can buy a used cardboard box thats soggy. YAY

basically the budget has done naff all appart from freeze stuff that means i get to "see" my pay rise lol

Nick
16-03-05, 06:05 PM
stamp duty threshold is...

When you buy a house, you have to pay Stamp duty...

To make it easier for first time buyers to buy a first home, all homes under ?60k had their stamp duty paid.

but seeing that it was a while back, when you could buy a house for 60k, it's not much use now.

now putting it up to ?120k, it means that first time buyers (in theory) will now get their stamp duty paid again...

unfortunatly, as camb said, you can get naff all for under ?120k, it needs to be a lot higher.

epo
16-03-05, 06:28 PM
hmmmm now what can i buy for ?120K in east anglia/north london

hmm ohh i can buy a used cardboard box thats soggy. YAY

basically the budget has done naff all appart from freeze stuff that means i get to "see" my pay rise lol

the government will find some way to rob you of more money to pay for people who dont want to work and sponge off mine and yours hard days wages

Riggy
16-03-05, 07:03 PM
only good things really is the petrol and the stamp duty :lol:

atleast its a bit more for us when we go for our house :lol:

Ricks
16-03-05, 07:06 PM
i think they should bring petrol prices down anyway fair to pricey at the minute.how much is it a litre of petrol in london?

Jack
16-03-05, 07:14 PM
I think in terms of petrol and road tax, it should be one or the other.... its like you're paying twice to use the roads. Three times if you count road tolls!

Nick
16-03-05, 07:49 PM
they should toll the motorways and be done wiht road Tax

france works perfectly well, and they have sutnning roads

the roads round my way are never repaired, so why should i pay road tax for roads i don't even get to use ?

Riggy
16-03-05, 08:23 PM
lol you should see the roads in my side of manchester lol ask sean hehehe :wink:

ive poped the oilseals on my coilovers due to them (i wonder if i could claim of the council for not keeping the roads up to a good std)

Nick
16-03-05, 08:54 PM
i bent two of my old alloys from their being Quarry Rocks in the road, and just general caverns everywhere....

my car wont go down some roads, as there is about 2 foot of grass growing out of the middle of them

Stuart
16-03-05, 09:14 PM
a litre of fuel jsut inside the M25 is 79.9p

its actually more expensive the further away from london you go.

Nick
16-03-05, 09:18 PM
a local service station near my friends house (as it's the last one for a fair distance up the motorway) are charging 89.9p

Ricks
16-03-05, 09:28 PM
its 79.9 down here in yorkshire

boredbloke
16-03-05, 11:08 PM
U'll also find the threshold for the tax brackets on ur wages have risen,

basically means if ur on 20k pa u'll get ?1 extra per week in ur pay slip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack
17-03-05, 08:36 AM
U'll also find the threshold for the tax brackets on ur wages have risen,

basically means if ur on 20k pa u'll get ?1 extra per week in ur pay slip :lol: :lol: :lol:
w00t - an extra litre of petrol a week :lol:

Stuart
17-03-05, 10:26 AM
ohh i get about ?1.35 extra a week lmao

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 10:33 AM
The stamp duty one is pritty good, but there isnt many mortgage companies that will give a mortgage anywhere near that price to most people.

Alex
17-03-05, 01:34 PM
its 79.9 down here in yorkshire

22p in california

Fester
17-03-05, 02:22 PM
Get yourself one of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/SJJura/Random/Scooter.jpg

Worrying about fuel consumption is a thing of the past.

Nick
17-03-05, 07:43 PM
The stamp duty one is pritty good, but there isnt many mortgage companies that will give a mortgage anywhere near that price to most people.

LOL

every single mortgage comapny will give you a mortgage for under ?120k lol

you just have to find a sub ?120k house, which is easy to do if you wanna live in a rougher part of town.

A mortgage company will give you a mortgage for ?50 if you really wanted

Riggy
17-03-05, 10:28 PM
my car wont go down some roads, as there is about 2 foot of grass growing out of the middle of them

lol there is a multi storey car park in oldham for the shoping centre and it has a massive speed bump on the exit :o this was bad before i fitted my coilovers but after fitting i forgot about it one day and got stuck on the top of it , proper ground on on the floor pan lol had to push it off :lol:

got some funny looks

Nick
17-03-05, 10:32 PM
lol i have to plan my routes carefully before venturing outside lol

Dave
19-03-05, 04:44 PM
as said budget only did goog for me with stamp duty, i don't smaoke, don't really drink that often,
think tax is frozen til september when it'll go up again.
but as said petrol is different prices throughout the country as pertol stations profiteer

other countries don't have the tax on pertol we do and still have better roads than the uk

i will now be quiet or end up filling the page with moans

the only sad thing is who else will change things if they get elected??

Fester
19-03-05, 04:49 PM
Michael Howard! Let the man in!

Jack
20-03-05, 12:05 PM
Michael Howard! Let the man in!
mmm, conservative.... yeah we'll pay less taxes because they'll SELL EVERYTHING!