PDA

View Full Version : Wheelarch problem...

ogginz
16-03-05, 11:33 AM
I've got some venoms on my mk1 which has had a 40mm drop, and they rub on the rear arches when I have 1 passenger in! I have had the lips folded on both sides and there starting to rust. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks, Olly

dan-hipgrave
16-03-05, 05:10 PM
Are you sure they arent rubbing on the inner arches as opposed to the outer ones? Ive had this problem on both my Novas running 15's with ET45 alloys..

Just fit a couple of 5mm spacers and see if that cures it.

Cassie-Nova
16-03-05, 05:53 PM
i had venoms on my mk1 and they rubbed so badly i cut the wheel arch lips off completely. Continued to rub with 2 passengers when going over speed bumps so completely took them off......a combination of the 7" wide tyres and ET40 rims meant they were simply TOO wide!

SRimon
16-03-05, 06:03 PM
Mine have been rolled and flared, on ET49 alessios, however on hard cornering i still i get rubbing noises, this is like has been said the rubbing of the inner of the wheel on the inner arches!

dunova
16-03-05, 06:26 PM
Mine have been rolled and flared, on ET49 alessios, however on hard cornering i still i get rubbing noises, this is like has been said the rubbing of the inner of the wheel on the inner arches!

I had this same problem with my astra gsi alloys. Took the offending wheel off, saw where it was rubbing on the inner arch and took a lump hammer to it-problem solved :lol:

As for spacers-check what offset your alloys are before doing anything

Dan_Nova_1.2
17-03-05, 10:09 AM
ive got 15" mille miglias (offset of ET49) on my nova, its lowered about 70-80mm at the rear on AVO coilovers and i only had problems with the outer arch lips, on the front the tyre was rubbing on the coilover so i used a 3mm spacer to sort the problem

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 12:17 PM
It sounds like uve got the wrong offset my bro used to have 15" compomotives with 35mm offset and lowered 60mm and it rubbed on hard cornering u can grind the whole arch off and then maybe get some falken tyres with the rounded edge or change ur wheels. But remember the wrong offset wheels makes ur car handle shit and eats tyres and wheel bearings like mad.