PDA

View Full Version : Refund?

Jack
16-03-05, 10:04 AM
I've just had a thought.

I renewed the insurance on my old hatch back in October last year for ?295 with HIC. After selling it in January, I cancelled the policy about early-mid February by sending back the policy document with a covering letter (as instructed by one of their staff on the phone, after eventually getting through to them). Shouldn't I be due a refund of sorts, seen as I've paid ?295 for 12 months insurance but cancelled it after 4 months? Not even had so much as a confirmation of the cancellation... I did get through to them just after I sold the car to tell them so, but opted to keep the insurance going for a little while (as at the time I didn't know if i wanted to transfer a new car onto it).

I'm aware they'll probably take a chunk of that ?295 as a "cancellation fee" :roll: but surely not all of it? I'm just wondering if anybody knows where I stand - I've been chasing them on the phone AGAIN and no luck in getting through, I don't want to keep racking up my phone bill if they're just gonna say 'sorry, no can do' to a rebate.

Alex
16-03-05, 04:50 PM
normally you can get a refund, but this is heavily reduced due to "admin fees".
Stay on the phone. Do it at work, so you don't pay lol.

Will
16-03-05, 10:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this brings me to a classic story with HIC

when i swapped my car from GSI to 1.2 i was entitled to a ?40.30p refund which they said would be sorted out etc.

months went on and i rang again and told it would be sorted.

still not sorted i wrote a letter telling them i was seeking legal advise on the matter and i got a letter back with a cheque ;)

give it a go, lol