PDA

View Full Version : Slowest rebuild in the world? new pic 17/05

Rick Draper
14-03-05, 05:33 PM
Couple of WIP pics of my nova, front arches are coming together at last as you will see in the pics, rear turrets need the metal made up once the front arches are finished. Wheels are off at the moment been refurbed and they shud be back this week with a totally different look to them :lol: . Hopefully if my mate gets chance the front arches will be welded up this week then we can make up the rear turrets for the coilovers and get it all welded up and ready for paint.

Front arches have been cut around a load as i have had problems in the past of the arch catching the tire and bending the arch in so doing this was the only option. The wheels could not sit any further in as its very close to the caliper as it was and the disk is very close to the hub where the steering rod connects.

O and i have recently brought some steel rods and will soon have aquired some more low compression pistons for my engine engine build. Roll on 500bhp :lol:

Nick
14-03-05, 05:52 PM
looks fantastic...

are you sure 500bhp is enough ?

i like the look of those subtle wide arches... crazy wide arches look wrong.

Riggy
14-03-05, 05:54 PM
just gets better and better mate :lol:

looking really good :lol:

Philsutton
14-03-05, 05:55 PM
whens the 4x4 system going on then?

chapers
14-03-05, 06:01 PM
thats quality wide arches that still look like nova arches looks good mate

chaps

Rick Draper
14-03-05, 06:09 PM

Thats quite a way off, i would need a Mitsy Evo box to start with, a adapter bellhousing and a cossie diff for the rear 2.

Thanks everyone.

burgo
14-03-05, 06:44 PM
im liking that alot and those brakes are sexual

rob_wilkinson
14-03-05, 08:10 PM
doing the wide arches that way is definately the best way as all the kits are crap. u having wide arches on the back?

Stuart
14-03-05, 08:23 PM
pah its just a nova lol

Rick Draper
14-03-05, 08:25 PM
doing the wide arches that way is definately the best way as all the kits are crap. u having wide arches on the back?

Dunno about the back ones yet, they dont reallu need making wider as they are fine as they are.

5toprjepog
14-03-05, 08:30 PM
Thats very good work i dont know about wide arch kits the make novas look like astras

martweaver
14-03-05, 09:17 PM
Looking good Rick - as ever!! Keep the stock rear arches if you can mate, will look awesome, Will you be able to lower the front over the tyres slightly? Will look like a touring car if you can!!

Mart

krobinson
14-03-05, 09:28 PM
Your mental :o

Looking forward to seeing this, hurry up :P

Keith

Jules
14-03-05, 09:33 PM
pah its just a nova lol

Oh bollocks I've logged into MiG - I thought this was Novaload?!
:lol:

dan16v
14-03-05, 09:39 PM
sexual, looking good mate! longest re-build is between me and you!
should have our own mtv show the great de- nova build off :lol:

Riggy
14-03-05, 09:42 PM
pah its just a nova lol

Oh b******s I've logged into MiG - I thought this was Novaload?!
:lol:

roflmao :lol:

Chris_W
14-03-05, 09:58 PM

Yeah, not pimp my ride, just will some fucker please finish my ride! lmao

Chris

ANDYRACER
14-03-05, 11:05 PM
Looks really good mate 500 bhp out of a nova makes me proud to have a nova. :wink:

scott.parker
15-03-05, 01:27 AM

Yeah, not pimp my ride, just will some f**k please finish my ride! lmao

Chris

scrap heap chalange.. :lol:

Ricks
15-03-05, 01:32 AM
looks ace mate crnt wait to see it complete whenever that will be :)

Matt2107
15-03-05, 09:11 AM
Nice work mate, although I keep getting distracted by your avatar.

Will F
15-03-05, 09:27 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ian
15-03-05, 09:50 AM

you fags have nothing on me lol

Breeny
15-03-05, 09:58 AM
But then you have nothing on Kev! :lol:

Slackers.. get off ya fat ass's and start doing some work :roll: Sheesh

Dar
15-03-05, 11:58 AM
Keep up the good work Rick :D Just remember that your doing everything properly (as far as I can see anyway) and THAT takes time. I am looking forward to seeing this one finished. I am also intrested in seeing how a Nova will handle that much power.

Austin_Nova16
15-03-05, 12:07 PM
very impressive! :o

Glad to see the rear turets coming alomg, and the wings look fantastic.

Now get on with it! :twisted:

Rick Draper
15-03-05, 01:08 PM
I nshud have some pics later this week of the wheels and some more WIP of it as well.

Thanks everyone

5toprjepog
15-03-05, 03:57 PM
Can someone tell me how the fcuk a nova will put down 500bhp at all as 300bhp would spin up in every gear

dan16v
15-03-05, 04:27 PM
^^ by not using poor mans phase chips :lol:
decent managment means we can run launch/ traction and anti lag control if needed :D

lmfao forgot about Ian and Kev bollocks i will have to delay myne abit more then so i can take the crown! 8)

Snowface
15-03-05, 04:30 PM
500bhp through 2 front wheels is going to be interesting. If you got more to spend how about a 4x4 setup?

Lee H
15-03-05, 04:35 PM
^^ by not using poor mans phase chips :lol:
decent managment means we can run launch/ traction and anti lag control if needed :D

lmfao forgot about Ian and Kev b******s i will have to delay myne abit more then so i can take the crown! 8)

Because eveyone has the sort of money to spend ?2k + to run proper management on a Nova :roll:

5toprjepog
15-03-05, 04:38 PM
im with snow face the torque steer will rip it apart and you'll get mullered up to the ton by the xe CREW (westside)

Rick Draper
15-03-05, 06:00 PM
im with snow face the torque steer will rip it apart and you'll get mullered up to the ton by the xe CREW (westside)

If the front end falls off i will just put it in a different car.

Nick
15-03-05, 06:07 PM
i think everyone is forgetting about the 612bhp let

although on the video, it does seem to Bend somewhat when changing gear

m.d.
15-03-05, 06:16 PM
i think everyone is forgetting about the 612bhp let

although on the video, it does seem to Bend somewhat when changing gear

where has that vid gone.

Nick
15-03-05, 06:20 PM
i downloaded it Md, so if i's dissapeared off the net, i'l try find a way to host it back up....

ANDYRACER
15-03-05, 09:41 PM
Yeh but it will be funny to see peoples faces when it flys past.

Rick Draper
17-03-05, 12:20 PM
Went down to see my car today after my day trip to amsterdam yesterday and the front wings are almost done, my mate has made really good progress on them. All they need is a skim of filler and thats that :lol: Also got a ring while i was out there to say my wheels are done and i will have them today :lol: Its looking hopefull for PV now i think.

Anyhow here are 2 pics of the front wings:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/4291f122.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/0f29cd96.jpg

scott.parker
17-03-05, 12:45 PM
Very nice mate,think they will look very good once done,so lets see the wheels come on,is it the bbs ons.but you have polished the rim and anthraciteded the spokes maybe? that would be smart :wink:

Scott

kevw
17-03-05, 12:52 PM
lmfao forgot about Ian and Kev b******s i will have to delay myne abit more then so i can take the crown! 8)

I think everyone knows I hold the crown LOL

looking good Rick

krobinson
17-03-05, 01:39 PM

looking good Rick

I've just about completed mine after 2 years and 3 months!!

Kev, we aint even seen any progress on yours!!

Keith

kevw
17-03-05, 02:33 PM
Theres not much to see at the moment as I've recently purchased a new shell and quit on the previous one!

I will get some WIP pics up soon enough...

ANDYRACER
17-03-05, 03:37 PM
Rick wat wheels are u running and wat size?

Rick Draper
17-03-05, 10:37 PM
Rick wat wheels are u running and wat size?

All will be revieled tomorrow possibly, sometime. Unless they look shit then i will have to decide what to do :o

Missed the courior today :cry:

5toprjepog
18-03-05, 09:41 PM
When should i decide to give up with my car there is rust everywhere both rear arches, battery tray, doors, engine bay, door sills. Can antone in the south coast help me to weld my car back up if there is any point in doing it.

5toprjepog
18-03-05, 09:45 PM
When should i decide to give up with my car there is rust everywhere both rear arches, battery tray, doors, engine bay, door sills. Can antone in the south coast help me to weld my car back up if there is any point in doing it.

Benn
20-03-05, 10:36 PM
looks great!
did u put these pics on mig?
ben

Rick Draper
21-03-05, 04:12 PM
looks great!
did u put these pics on mig?
ben

Nope sould not be bothered.

Ian
21-03-05, 05:52 PM

looking good Rick

bollocks, thats a new car so a new project - crown denied!

david dixon
21-03-05, 06:17 PM
mint, love it me and i love the sound of 500bhp, sounds like someone is on my wave length! :D well done.

Rick Draper
22-03-05, 05:38 PM
Qucik update, both front arches ahve been filled and smoothed for the 1st time today and i was woken up by the TNT man dropping off ym steel rods this morning for the next engine rebuild :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/023de9aa.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/d4ce1d0a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/929fb8d0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/c527cd24.jpg

Nick
22-03-05, 06:03 PM
thanks, i'm now going to have to wipe the Drool off my keyboard !

david dixon
22-03-05, 06:04 PM
how much did you pay for the rods? did you buy them off the lad on ebay? just wondering how good he is!

Rick Draper
22-03-05, 11:43 PM
how much did you pay for the rods? did you buy them off the lad on ebay? just wondering how good he is!

Yes i got them off a guy on ebay (although i brought them off him after the auction had ended). He was really really good and i would have no problem with using him again in the future or telling anyone to use him. They cost me ?515 delivered on a next day delivery with TNT. Rick

Jim
23-03-05, 09:10 AM
for the 1st time today and i was woken up by the TNT man dropping off ym steel rods this morning for the next engine rebuild :lol:

That'll be after about 6 miles then ;)

Jim

Snowface
23-03-05, 11:06 AM
thanks, i'm now going to have to wipe the ***** off my keyboard !

dirty fellow. lol.

Nice, when can we expect to see those rods spinning at 6k rpm? Or is that a silly question?

Rick Draper
23-03-05, 04:04 PM
thanks, i'm now going to have to wipe the ***** off my keyboard !

dirty fellow. lol.

Nice, when can we expect to see those rods spinning at 6k rpm? Or is that a silly question?

The rods will be going into a fresh engine over winter. Lots of head work, more low compression pistons, mains fitted with a girdle, oil spray bars/sprayers, high pressure oil pump and more :wink:

5toprjepog
23-03-05, 07:43 PM
Are you gonna change all the compents to brand new

Snowface
24-03-05, 12:01 PM
a fresh engine :D

thought your current engine has only done a few miles?

Jonlem
24-03-05, 12:46 PM

Thats quite a way off, i would need a Mitsy Evo box to start with, a adapter bellhousing and a cossie diff for the rear 2.

Thanks everyone.

sounds like your actually thinking about it then :)

I noticed DJM used the evo running gear on their KA, with a small car its probably the only option I reckon, would be the proper way to make a 4wd nova thats for sure if you were going to use a LET and not a YB

Loving the arches, had loads of problems with previous arches being re shaped because of the wheel catching, thats a real subtle way of doing it, great job there,

also your saying you just brought some steel rods, I'm guessing that you do have some already though in that monster engine dont u? lol, are they the Farndon rods you brought or are they from a guy in Bedford? looking great either way,

more pics !

Rick Draper
24-03-05, 09:50 PM
At the moment it only has standard rods, ARP bolts and low compression pistons but they shud be good for phase 3 power levels, The new engine is getting oil spray bars of some form, high pressure oil pump, farndon racing rods, JE low compression pistons, ecotec X20XE block (for the main girdle) lots of head work, ti caps for the valve springs, possibly solid lifters and a new inlet manifold.

Novadex
27-03-05, 11:15 PM
lookin good m8, watch what ya do with them arches its real easy to mess them up! can make car look stupid :|

Rick Draper
29-03-05, 12:51 AM
lookin good m8, watch what ya do with them arches its real easy to mess them up! can make car look stupid :|

Not that i am that bothered about how you look at my car :roll: and if you like the arches.

ANDYRACER
29-03-05, 01:53 AM
^^^ Thats nice of u Rick :lol:

Rick Draper
29-03-05, 05:47 PM
Been working on it today filling the wings and rubbing them down. I dont think PV is going to be happening anymore either.

Novadex
29-03-05, 05:58 PM

Not that i am that bothered about how you look at my car :roll: and if you like the arches.

If ya dont care bout what ppl think when they look at the car than whats the point in modding it?

Dan
29-03-05, 06:05 PM
because he wants to make it his style and be individual, not vaux's and not someone elses. I presume you style your car to make other people happy by that comment which is the wrong way to do things

Novadex
29-03-05, 06:11 PM
because he wants to make it his style and be individual, not vaux's and not someone elses. I presume you style your car to make other people happy by that comment which is the wrong way to do things

I can see what u mean but theres no point in havin a Nova with a sail on the top because its individual?? i dont style my motor to please other ppl but its nice when ppl compliment it! and i said his looked good and i was givin my opiniun witth i thought was the whole idea of a forum??? tell me if im wrong?

Rick Draper
08-05-05, 07:25 PM
Been owrking on it and its getting there, the rear turrets are both made up and just need the top caps welding in once i have set the shocks so they are mid stroke at ride height. Got bored waiting to drive it so i am having a new custom alloy inlet plenium made up and i have a new 65mm FC throttle body. Here are some pics of the TB:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Novaturboprogress051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Novaturboprogress052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Novaturboprogress053.jpg

I might have some up to date progress pics of it this week if i get it rolling. If not there is really nowt to see, apart from the turreting.

Rick Draper
09-05-05, 08:13 PM
Today i managed to get the rear turrets tacked in place and get it rolling on its wheels for the first time in months. Now we know all the clearences are all ok the turrets are coming out tomorrow, having the tops welded in place and then been welded in place properly and painted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Novaturboprogress058.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Novaturboprogress059.jpg

burgo
09-05-05, 10:50 PM
crist what size are those brakes on the back and nice oil cooler

Rick Draper
10-05-05, 12:01 AM
Rear brakes are 310mm with wilwood calipers. Shud help stop me well enough!

-Bruce-
10-05-05, 10:10 AM
That Tb looks like a great bity of kit. Very simple and well made it looks like. And the front of the car just looks mad!!

Bruce

Rick Draper
17-05-05, 12:46 PM
It rolls!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/6be099b1.jpg[/img]

Jim
17-05-05, 01:04 PM
Looks like it'll be done just in time for PV, hehe ;)

It's getting there Rick, the wheels look really good, I like them a lot...hmmmm...

Jim

J4MES
17-05-05, 02:36 PM
whole thing looks stunning...especially those wheels...drools... :lol: :lol:

Kruger
17-05-05, 03:07 PM
Been following this with interest since you started, Just watch out whens its done, as it sounds like theres going to be a lot of sex wee flying in your direction :?

But looking good and nice to see some proper modding and fabrication going into it, I'm looking forward to seeing this run a 1/4.

ANDYRACER
17-05-05, 03:14 PM
Thats Mad. Can't wait till you get that on the road, will shut Wayne up with his corsa gsi turbo :lol:

Lee H
17-05-05, 03:40 PM
Thats Mad. Can't wait till you get that on the road, will shut Wayne up with his corsa gsi turbo :lol:

What turbo, its still only got an XE in :lol:

ANDYRACER
17-05-05, 05:34 PM
Yeh i know if the useless get spent as much time on his car as he does on the computer it would be done by now :lol:

Matt Nova
17-05-05, 06:39 PM
its going to be one crazy car :D