PDA

View Full Version : Finished for this year (Pics)

Dar
13-03-05, 04:06 PM
My windows finally came!!! Woohoo! So in they went and I was off in the car for the first time in months!!

Its good to get the car back on the road again. So I can now start to finalise the suspension setup and get it ready for Combe in April. To be honest it felt good around the bends as it is at the moment. Although I wasn't booting it because it was just a test run and public roads are no place to test a trackday car.

Anyhoo some pics of the car. For anyone who doesn't know (probably most of you) im not really intrested in the styling aspect of it and the car is not ment to be mint looking. Its just a trackday car. :twisted:

New this year is :-

AVO Coilovers
Ecentric rose-jointed top mounts
Fibreglass tailgate
Fibreglass bonnet
Polycarb windows
Removed front ARB
Passenger foot rest

I still need to get an airbox made up to quiten it down a bit so its more track noise friendly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/DSC03052Small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/DSC03047Small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/DSC03046Small.jpg

Biaggi
13-03-05, 04:13 PM
Wat sort of airbox carbon ????

Dar
13-03-05, 04:19 PM
Nah just an ally one to go over the throttle bodies. Im getting it made to fit the same backplate as the current air filter. So that I can run the normal air filter and then I can swap and change it to the airbox on the more noise sensitive tracks.

Adam Moran
13-03-05, 04:24 PM
Looks really good :wink:

and i know it went well last year so im looking forward to seeing it go even better this year :lol:

Ad

General Baxter
13-03-05, 04:42 PM
what about smoothing over the old exhaust pipe hole?

epo
13-03-05, 04:47 PM
looks well smart

Ricks
13-03-05, 04:53 PM
what about smoothing over the old exhaust pipe hole?

i agree with baxter for once[/quote]

scott.parker
13-03-05, 04:54 PM
Looks very nice mate,just a few questions,the boot,is one from rallydesign? ifso is it a prefect fit onto the standard hinges?

And the polycarb windows,are they all the side ones,rear inculding boot?

Cheers

Scott

J4MES
13-03-05, 05:02 PM
looks great, how much are those fibreglass parts???

Dar
13-03-05, 05:14 PM
The tailgate and bonnet where both from EuroRallye, both have captive nuts and are strengthened so the bonnet just goes on exactly like the standard bonnet.

For the tailgate I had to drill off the hindges from the old one and then just bolt them on to the fibreglass one. It lines up quite well but not perfect, although I don't think the origonal was perfect anyway.

The bonnet was - ?110.64+VAT & carrage
The tailgate was - ?110.64+VAT & carrage

All the windows have been replaced with the polycarb ones except the windscreen of course.

I also agree with Baxter it does need doing :oops:

Scott if you want more detailed piccys of the hindges etc just give me a shout and I will take some for you.

D

scott.parker
13-03-05, 05:36 PM
Nice one mate,that helps,as im thinking fiber glass boot bonet,and wings,if you can get them...and full pollycarb window set,lol im going to make mine full track slag now,as i realised there is no point keeping it for road use only :wink:

but befoer all that i need a dam aiff :P

Scott

-Bruce-
13-03-05, 05:46 PM
Good stuff darren,

I have not spoken to you in a while. Glad you got the windows at last. And the car sits SO much lower with the Avos.

My car is getting there, but i will speak to you later about that.

Bruce

dunova
13-03-05, 05:50 PM
Dar, have i seen you parked up just off the Feeder road before? Just opposite the Vaux dealer junction? I saw this GTE and thought, 'wow what a nice colour!' :lol:

Car looks excellent by the way :wink:

m.d.
13-03-05, 06:04 PM
saw your car last year at coombe. you drive like a loon mate lol, cant wait for this years action. should be class. sounds like a lot of novas will be turnig up. should try to park together, can swap ideas then.

Dar
13-03-05, 06:09 PM
Thanks :P , I don't take the car very far, so its usually only driven in Yate and the surrounding lanes. I must have a twin in Bristol ;)

Jack
13-03-05, 06:09 PM
For someone who's not interested in the styling aspect that looks absolutely amazing!

dunova
13-03-05, 06:14 PM
Thanks , I don't take the car very far, so its usually only driven in Yate and the surrounding lanes. I must have a twin in Bristol

It's definately the same colour, is that a standard gte colour? Very nice indeed, whats the colour called? I've driven past it a couple of times on the feeder road (me driving so never got that close a look at it), but looks very similar to yours. Guess you do have a twin :lol:

nova ian
13-03-05, 06:22 PM
that looks mint, looks really good with the perspex windows too :D

Dar
13-03-05, 06:30 PM
Cool, im really pleased that you like the look of it :D I wasn't sure what people where going to make of it.

I didn't know what the colour was so had it matched and apparently is Rover Nightfire red.

ANDYRACER
13-03-05, 07:16 PM
Looks gr8 mate wat a weapon luv the exhaust and colour :+:

Mike.
13-03-05, 07:54 PM
that looks great dar, like it alot

Riggy
13-03-05, 10:12 PM
:lol: flsppin mint mate :lol: :lol:

kevster
14-03-05, 05:14 PM
like that a lot makeing me think, :roll: