PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 engines

chappers1.3
13-03-05, 10:50 AM
I bought a nova with a 2.0 8v engine from a mk2 cav 130 (20seh)

unfortunately i blew this up and have had to buy a normal 2.0 8v (c20ne) from a later cav. as the 130 has 15bhp extra i wanted to use some bits from it.... i was hopeing to use the ECU, cam and cam pulley thinking this might be the only difference between the 2 engines. is this correct and more importantly will it work???

the cams dont look different but the pulley off the 20seh is about 10mm bigger in diameter. if i put the pulley and cam on wont this mess up the timing??

is there anything else any 1 can think of i will need to do to get the extra 15bhp??

any help much appreciated.

Chaps

david dixon
13-03-05, 11:33 AM
the 130 engine has higher compression ratio (hence seh engine code), i'm sure the ecu was altered but not sure how much, think the cam is the same. give the ecu a try!

chappers1.3
13-03-05, 11:50 AM
I have had the head skimmed on the c20ne by 20thou so do u think this will increase the compression enough to match that on the seh??

what do u think i should do about the bigger pully on the seh, will i have to get the seh cambelt?

cheers

david dixon
13-03-05, 11:53 AM
well that will raise the compression but not sure if it'll match the seh.
which belt you talking about? are both the 2.0 8v belts not the same?

Snowface
13-03-05, 02:01 PM
the compression ratio isn't going to give 15bhp.

I'd say the cams and ecu, and possibly exhaust/induction would hold the extra 15bhp also. without the compression it might only be 10-12bhp.

not 100% sure of the differences but its not just the c/r is what i'm trying to say.

chappers1.3
13-03-05, 03:58 PM
oh i know raising the compression wont give that much. but i guess it will help right?! does anybody know the compression ratio values of the two engines?

my main concern at the mo is the pulley, the seh one is about 10mm larger in diameter than the one i got off the c20ne. i think i will use the one that came off it just incase i smash anything.

the cambelts change slightly in length between the mk2 and mk3 cavs, i think the mk3 one is abit longer.

Chaps