PDA

View Full Version : miss fire

nova1104
12-03-05, 11:16 PM
i got the car back after some little shit threw a brick at it and now its broke down.arghhhhhhh!!!.

was running fine,started having probs the other day, it would occasionaly just cut out then be ok.Tonight tho its all running fine then it statred to seriously miss fire, started back up after a couple of min then the same again.Again it started but then it did it again and it wont fire up at all now.

oh, its 2 c20xe just incase that helps

Ricks
12-03-05, 11:23 PM
id say its ur plugs but ill just go back into my corner now and let the big guns help u

nova1104
12-03-05, 11:30 PM
there is a bit of damp around the top of the plugs which would might have something to do with it but i cant see that being the sole reason as it was running fine ten min before hand :roll: :?:

david dixon
13-03-05, 11:39 AM
have you checked the rotor arm and dizzy cap? if not give it a once over! if all seems ok you could have a dizzy or crank sensor problem!

nova1104
13-03-05, 12:13 PM
cheers, seems that is over fuelling coz i had a look when i got up today, spark plugs were soaked,cleaned them up and it appears to be fine now.How do i stop the over fuelling?.The head has been port and polished which im guessing might have something to do with it but its only a guess. :?

david dixon
13-03-05, 12:14 PM
air flow meter or water temp switch!

nova1104
13-03-05, 07:57 PM
right its started doing it again, now im pissed off.where is the temp switch and air flow meter and how do icheck em?