PDA

View Full Version : power cap

m.d.
12-03-05, 10:58 PM
ok im fed up with the xe sounding so qiet. i took of the sfi box quicky today and started the engine. although it wont drive like this due to not using the airflow meeter it did sound soo much better.

so do those power cap things acctually make the induction noise much louder, and more importently do they give any power increace.

Philsutton
12-03-05, 11:03 PM
i had one for a weekend down pod last year, imo i felt it ran worse than with the sfi box and didnt really make much difference to the sound. There is only one cure to this problem but i bet you can guess what that might be :D

m.d.
12-03-05, 11:05 PM
lol. yeah i know the answer mate. may well just have to say fauck it to fuel bill and get the webbers on again

Alex
12-03-05, 11:09 PM
get the webbers back on. Much better idea

Or get the power cap on. Not as good as the webbers though
http://www.sale114.co.kr/good_image/20040727153237.jpg

scott.parker
12-03-05, 11:17 PM
lmao @ alex..

Well i recon the power cap never made mine any better or worse,so no reall power gain(though they do state you only see more extra power if you have done over mods also) but it did make mine quite a lot more loud,and gave more inductoin noise(but i do have that huge ITG filter),so its kinda 50/50 i would say try pic one up secondhand.. :wink:

Scott

m.d.
13-03-05, 10:26 AM
ok mate, ive been making my inlet manifold to fit a set of bike carbs or tbs, can get them much cheaper than webbers and are normally in better condition.

think ill be getting tbs and running them on the standard management for the time being and then change to the new emerald system that they are making. its a budget system for tbs, just does not have a shift light or launch control option but is selling for about 380 new, which is nice lol