PDA

View Full Version : Nova GSi Lambda sensor

DR
12-03-05, 06:08 PM
I have looked under the bonet of my car & cant find one, which seems rather strange as its a 92 GSi. I thaught there would be one, but I dont think it's a cat model? As far as I can see, I have the manifold, downpipe, middle section which has a small flat box along with a long round box running into the back box. Is my car placed in the middle of the change?? Is there anyone out there with a similar situation?

I need to make sure of this, as I'm going to install a new full sport system on it.

Chris
12-03-05, 06:13 PM
If you dont have a CAT then you wont have a lambda sensor

DR
12-03-05, 06:21 PM
do you know where it would be placed? Shouldent it be placed on the downpipe somewhere? I dont know where theyre placed on GSi's :?

Alex
12-03-05, 10:05 PM
If your engine is the E16SE, you wont have one, the C16SE will have. Check the engine no.

It would be fairly obvious if you did have one

Aragorn
12-03-05, 11:30 PM
if the car has an airflow meter then its NOT got a cat

the "small flat box" sounds like the cat tho?

gte systems have 2 round boxes and a backbox

DR
13-03-05, 09:55 AM
Just had a look at the engine number & it's an E16SE, so it's not a cat model :D There was just one more question I wanted to ask you gents; I want to fit a 4 branch manifold on, I have been offered a 1.3 sr one, will it fit on my car & are the ports on the head / manifold going to match?

Thanks in advance :)

Aragorn
14-03-05, 12:43 AM
it will fit the engine as the ports are the same but you'll need a 1300 system to mate up with the downpipe as the angle and position are different

DR
14-03-05, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info mate :wink: I'll just have to invest in a new GSi 4 branch :?

Alex
14-03-05, 02:03 PM
If your going for an ashley one, get the 1.3 manifold and system. It's slightly cheaper and almost identical to the 1.6 one, apart from a slight curve. I was told by a bloke at ashely to get the 1300 one and save money as the 1600 one would give no further gain.