PDA

View Full Version : street cruise culture

ade
12-05-02, 10:49 PM
There is a new type of "cruise" forming in glasgow - not really a cruise as such more of a gathering. My street is a dead end (cul de sac for the urban types - sounds like a castration term dunnit!) anyway for the past month there has been a mini cruise most nights usually involving a couple of bmw's, a few mercs, a bloody fast Suzuki Swift GT, n FTO, this honda with a HUGE spoiler n a transit van that is just ice on wheels with neons. The area I live in has a heavy asian culture n the meet is a select group of asian guys. Me street backs onto Great Western Rd - basically the A82 (biggest road in Scotland) and at 1am when its quiet n owt but taxis, they drive onto it and race each other up n down like its the fast n the furious! The transit pumps up the ice - n off they go. One of the mercs's even got a commedy clown horn! The music is that bangra jungle rap beats type (absolutley mental when full up!). Its a real laugh - how the police havnt got em yet is beyond me! Its like they dont give a toss. Theres no angry stuff just cars, speed n bangra music
Any of u lot got out like this or is it just glasgow?
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

kevw
12-05-02, 11:47 PM
lol if that was to happen round here (North Wales) the police would throw a fit!!

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

Jim
13-05-02, 09:12 AM
Every time a cruise is organised in Milton Keynes, the police show and usually the council end up putting huge speedbumps along the area where they race. The nights usually start off fairly calm, but when it gets to about 10pm, people start doing burnouts and handbrake turns very close to other peoples cars (which is both stupid and dangerous). I tend not to bother going to cruises these days (maybe it's because I'm getting old :O ;))

Jim

Breeny
13-05-02, 10:34 AM
me neither Jim! hehe Milton Keynes is a no go anymore, there handing out Section 14's wherever cruisers go which can lead to cars being impounded - fook that!!

Lets be honest if cruising is to continue, then the burnouts and stuff have to stop, do the police really care if there are some cars parked in a carpark? (that would normlly be full in the day anyway!)

kevw
13-05-02, 10:55 AM
Its stupid really, you would think peeps would rather give up the burnouts and stuff to keep cruising from getting a bad name.

But no, theres always the odd few...

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

Jim
13-05-02, 11:31 AM
It's a shame really that the police have clamped down so hard in Milton Keynes. Really, it's an ideal place, as there big open roads, and the speed Limit is 60mph as opposed to 30mph. Also, the locations where people meet are not used by the public at night and are a fair distance from any housing estates, so the noice isn't a problem. Like you say Kev, it only takes a couple of idiots to ruin the night for everyone, and unfortunatley that's exactly what has happend in MK.

Jim.

lockys_nova
13-05-02, 05:39 PM
at the cruise last nite 2 cars collided, did that a few times, then rolled em, them pumpd da windows, then set fire to em. wots da point? dont think il b goin 2 a cruise 4 a while specially with nobs like that

If it has tits or wheels it'l giv u probs!:)

ade
13-05-02, 10:33 PM
imagine asian music with them women howling dead loud (singing I guess to the uneducated ear!) to a real heavy drum n bass beat - and I mean really heavy drum n bass - mainly bass - in fact just bass - different levels of it - mainly feedback - either that or their ice is shite!
Thats bangra - or a version of it anyway - very popular in the midlands I believe (well was when I was down there visiting me folks the other week!)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Ste_Nova
17-05-02, 10:53 AM
u not thought of shooting the fuckers?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

kpharrop
17-05-02, 09:37 PM
i like ste's last post

"Kwicksave at night, cruisers delight"

ade
17-05-02, 10:22 PM
na - s'not a problem really. They have a laugh - no violence or owt and their motors are pretty smart - theres a nice deep slate grey honda civic that rolls by - spittin image of the ones in fast n furious - got a hell of a zorst note on it! ;)