PDA

View Full Version : Rather urgent electrical prob!

dandan
12-03-05, 12:09 PM
OMG.........WTF........etc, etc

Have been re-wiring the alarm on my car (was bodged in 1st time) and all was going well except I couldnt get the central locking to work cos it kept blowing fuses. Everything else seemed fine.......... until I decided, cos she had sat for a little while, to turn her over. That was it...... there was a click then absolutely nothing.
Got the multimeter out and checked the battery, 12.5v, but nothing is coming into the fusebox.
Please help........ I was having such a good day
:cry:

ANDYRACER
12-03-05, 02:00 PM
Sounds like the problem i had with my sr i think it might be the alarm is earthing somewhere it will take the power that is been sent from the battery in to the actual car. Check to c if any of the alarm wires are split and touching metal. If that doesnt work try just checking the whole circuit for the alarm.

joff-turbo-nova
12-03-05, 08:26 PM
this might sound stupid but make sure your battery clamps are tight! I had similar problems a while back whilst "testing" in the garage and the dash lights came on , went to turn it over an everything went off - took about 10 mins to narrow it down to the earth lead not being tightened up on the -ve post on the battery.

Hope this helps

Joff

dandan
12-03-05, 11:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: