PDA

View Full Version : is it the idle control valve ?

isrs
11-03-05, 09:09 PM
bit of a problem here guys.

right just started the car, it idles at 1k for like 5seconds then go's up to 2k then keeps on going up to like 3k with out my touching the throttle.

my mate thought it might be the air flow metre but there aint one on the c16se engine apparently. so i was just woundering if it sounds like the idle control valve.

it used to just go up to about 2k now and then but now it just go's up to 3k all the time :?

what you all recon then? any suggestions apprieciated.

cheers si

Aragorn
12-03-05, 12:11 AM
possible - take it off and give it a clean

isrs
12-03-05, 10:55 AM
yer i tried that a while back but it didnt work but i noticed it had like an ajustable bit at the bottom, should i try ajusting it? and can you buy new ones?
if so i'll go down 'part co' and just get a new one.

cheers, si

david dixon
13-03-05, 11:50 AM
yeah you can buy them new but could be a dealler part ony, have you altered you timing lately? could be over advanced!

isrs
13-03-05, 08:31 PM
yer i took it off and gave it another clean, but this time i soaked it in water and it seems to have worked.

cheers, si

ANDYRACER
15-03-05, 12:15 AM
Si seriously i think its just because it has been sat for a long time it hadnt moved off my drive in 2 months and the owner b4 me hadnt moved it since July so it just needs a good service and a clean.

Stuart
15-03-05, 08:40 AM
water :o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you should ahve used carb cleaner!!!

get a new valve this one wont last very long at all now.

isrs
15-03-05, 10:43 AM
oh well looks like i'll be buying a new one! lol

andy i see were your comeing from im going to get it serviced and take it for a burn.

cheers, si