PDA

View Full Version : C16XE into Nova

NovaGed
11-03-05, 03:06 PM
Right people just need a few things cleared up with this conversion!

The engine will be going into a 1.0 Nova, so will I have to convert it to MPi?

What happens with the exhaust? I have the full GSi exhaust, but I doubt it will fit straight on? Am I better to bodge it just now, and get a full straight through custom job?

Can I use a Corsa Sport brake set up on it? I have the calipers in my shed, so would just need to get discs and pads?

Sorry for all the questions! I'd rather be sure of the problems before I start this!

Cheers,

Richie!

Aragorn
11-03-05, 06:12 PM
engine will go streight in on std nova engine mounts and you'll need to use the corsa gearbox

u MAY need to change the osf engine mounting bracket for one from a 1.2-1.6 as ive heard roumors that they are different but im sure mine was kept as the 1.0 one when i fitted mine

u will need to change to v-belt alternator and pulley, alternator will need to come from same car u get the pulley from as the pulley offset is different to std nova ones, u can get the pulley from any crank sensor equipped smallblock with vbelt (C14SE nova sri engine/astra GLS or C16SE nova GSi or astra GLS are a few examples) and u will need the alternator to block mounting from the car u get the alternator from too

you'll need a corsa gsi top radiator hose as one of the heater hoses from the corsa - the others are standard nova items

if u keep the std injeciton system you'll need to fabricate a mount for the airflow meter/cone filter and u will need to cut a breather off the induction run and block it off as it hits the brake servo

u can either use the standard corsa gsi downpipe and manifold and extend it to fit a normal nova gte system, or bolt a nova gte downpipe to the corsa manifold but u'll need to bend that down a bit as it'll hit the underside of the car otherwise

the loom is easy - but i'd recommend putting it down the passenger side foot well and extending the AFM wires as appropriate as it'll fit nicely under the glove box in a 1.2i nova ecu cage

you'll need a set of lines from an injected nova and either a nova gte/gsi/sri fuel tank and pump or a 1.2i tank with corsa gsi/sri pump

the corsa brakes will fit fine but the later corsa sport ones which are 236x20 same as the nova gsi and are pretty cack for stopping 109bhp
if the are corsa gsi calipers they should be 256x20mm which are alright failing that get some off a cav 2.0 or astra mk3 2.0 or mk2 2.0 16v

1.0 driveshafts will work fine

NovaGed
11-03-05, 08:35 PM
Cheers for all that!!! I forgot to ask about the alternator belt so cheers for mentioning that!