PDA

View Full Version : mod my white gte valver bodywork or not, see my ideas?

jamie gsi16v
11-03-05, 12:18 PM
After buying my white nova gte 2ltr16v not so long ago in abit of a shabby looking state ive decided to rebuild it for summer, already replaced the doors, rear arches, two new front wings, scrapped the vented bonnet for a standard one and got a new boot. Wanted the car looking pretty much standard with the original kit on. luckily enough I managed to grab myself a bargain and picked up some brand new gm bumpers and skirts of eBay for 77 quid but they retail at 370 so I don?t no whether to mod them or not?
I was thinking of smoothing off the lines which are level with the number plate then sitting the number plate to the side extending the cut out section down to the line just below the towing eye and painting it all white then put a Laguna splitter under without the holes in each side or do I just leave it standard? And for the back bumper, again smooth the lines at the top paint it all white or leave the flip out bit on the bottom black? What about the black vinyl between the windows? Do the door handles need leaving black or white? And do I replace that black vinyl on the boot or paint it white? Gsi or gte spoiler?
Basically do a mod it or leave it standard? Any other ideas/suggestions welcome?

mrpink
11-03-05, 12:26 PM
hi mate,the bumper idea sound tops,i would remove all the black vinyl from the pillers and boot etc and colour code the handles aswell
a nice smooth colour coded looks the nuts
but again its all down to what you like,i hate that black vinyl stuff

Jack
11-03-05, 01:14 PM
I'd say smooth it out like you said, but leave the black bits black (splitters, sideskirts etc... maybe paint the handles tho...), stick with the GTE spoiler and rear boot vinyl.... nice 8)

If you put some pics up, someone might be able to photoshop them for you?

Ricks
11-03-05, 01:26 PM
razorjack can u do a photoshop for me? my car with gsi front and back bumpers and skirts. pretty please :lol:

Jack
11-03-05, 01:38 PM
No because I'm shit at it :lol: :lol:

ANDYRACER
14-03-05, 11:50 PM
I reckon smooth the bumpers like u said then paint them black take all the vinal off paint the handles black paint ur wheels black and have the rest of the car white.