PDA

View Full Version : Caught Speeding HELP!!!!

den
11-05-02, 12:25 PM
:( i just found out i have been caught speeding doing 36mph in a 30mph zone (well harsh)i will get 3 points on my licence and a ?60 fine.In the letter is says they have videographic evidence.Any body reckon i could get away with it e.g like asking to do a advanced driving course x-(

Cheers

nobody will take my 5door nova lol :)

Dicko
11-05-02, 12:30 PM
nope, the yahve evidence so you cant get away with it!!!

blondie
11-05-02, 12:56 PM
c'mon man 60 quid and three points aint so bad. a bit harsh for only 6 miles over but you cant argue with them.

sepatown my daimeys!!

tay
11-05-02, 02:51 PM
i got caught doing 58 in a 40 on the way down to sarfend and got the same. trying to delay the payment till me insurance is up for renewal so i don't have to declare it;)

Dicko
11-05-02, 03:55 PM
cant u do the trick where us end a cheque and send them too mcuh? like its ?60 and us end ?65, and it fucks up there system cuz they cant cash it in? worth a go

or wot about u say 'can u send me a picture of the driver becuase there are various drivers that use my car and im unsure of which was driving at the time'

:)

big_steve_x
11-05-02, 07:46 PM
or, go back later, and errrr, burn it down, cough. or get a big hacksaw, and take it home with ya!

Will
11-05-02, 09:38 PM
sending a cheque for to much is a total myth and doesnt work at all, dunno where people got the idea from but a m8 tried it and u still get the points trust me :) ask to see the photo evidence, u never know it mite get quashed :D gud luck

Dicko
12-05-02, 03:37 PM
ye then u also get a pic of ur car in action :)

Gobby
13-05-02, 01:13 AM
How long does it take from the date of the offence to receive the citation or whatever? I think I got caught twice in ten minutes last saturday in my Taxi

CP
13-05-02, 09:05 AM
The fine bit is separate to the points bit. So whether you opt for half days re- training or just a fine, you get the same points wotever. My mum's been done on a new one near us, plus her m8 and 1 of my dads m8s lol - dopey arsed crinklies -they're as blind as bats.

BIGMIKIE
13-05-02, 02:36 PM
IM UP FOR SPEEDING BUT NO CAMERA.tHE VAN COULDNT CATCH ME.tHEY GOT A HELICOPTER OUT CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WAS STOLEN.bUT I STOPPED BEFORE COPTER GOT TO ME.bASTARD RED LIGHT.cAN THE COPS IN THE VAN PROVE MY SPEED IN COURT.THEY ALSO DOING ME FOR DANGEROUS FOR GOING BROADSIDE ON A ROUNDABOUT.sHOULDNT HAVE PUT THAT 2LITRE INTO MY GSI.SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE WOMAN.LOL

Fester
13-05-02, 05:35 PM
thats the most genuine, honest and truthful story i've ever heard

amen

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

wisewood
13-05-02, 06:09 PM
BOTTOM LINE IS...
Everybody drives a little over somtimes - if not all the time.
Sometimes you get caught and sometimes you don't.
Nothing you can do about it really.

Just think next time - if you are on a road you don't know too well - don't drive too fast bacause there could be cameras on it.

Unlucky to get points and a fine for the sake of 6mph - but hey - it happens to everyone eventually.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

CP
13-05-02, 08:19 PM
gO bIGMIKIE gO!
Thats wot I like see - going down all guns blazing. Nuff respect for the broadside onto a roundabout whilst being chased by the law!
Top story - hope it doesn't turn out as shit as its likely to tho:(

ade
13-05-02, 10:28 PM
keep an eye on them police camera action progs - bet he appears on there later in the year. Shame the chopper never got to ya - video footage of yer nova terarinf up the streets - to be on telly - ah - almost had yer 15 minutes of fame!
Still - very irresponsible - As Steve Wright used to say in the 80's - it's not big and its not clever (but it's bloody funny! :p)
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

wisewood
14-05-02, 12:36 PM
So did anyone watch 5th Gear last night then as they had Quentin Wilson onnabout speed cameras and being caught on them etc. etc.

He basically just said that if you send a cheque for the wrong amount the just get annoyed and send you to court. Resulting in something worse.
He then did a true or false thing on general information which people think they know about camera's.
Pretty interesting...
Especially as half of it proved my dad wrong. HAHAHAHA!!!

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

BIGMIKIE
14-05-02, 02:28 PM
i not up till 12th aug.Ill keep u all posted.Im gonna try get down to a novaload meetup

jatinder
14-05-02, 07:46 PM
well is this true i was driving down a road with the speed camera facing me on the other side of the road it flashed me whats that all about and its happed twice but this was about 2 months ago after a late nite party is that wierd or what and there were no cars on the other side of the road it was about 3 in the morning

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html