PDA

View Full Version : Sr to the 'i' problems...

Dod
10-03-05, 09:01 PM
Right, i've a 91 SR Nova with a multi point engine. Got the right petrol tank too but the looms a mess. What do i need if i'm gonna make it run on carbs and what of the mpi engine do i need to keep, are the rads ect the same? I've a TD Rad, if i just change the Pipes, will it fit?

The reason I'm asking is that one of my mechanics is arsing about and i dont really think he wants to do the job. Also i'm on a time budget so the help the better, and the sooner the better as well. Cheers mates!!

dunova
10-03-05, 09:38 PM
On the mpi engine, the inlet manifold with everything attatched (injectors, throttle body etc) aren't needed and on the loom you just need the ignition parts. The main engine loom (that connects from the ecu to various sensors) wont be needed when you're running carbs. I'm not sure if the rads are the same, but i think it will fit straight in and you may have to slightly modify the hose connections.

ps you'll need to keep the sr distributor and coil if running carbs (because you need carb model dizzy and coil). Also, you'll need to use a tank from a carb'd model when running carbs-or you can just block off the fuel return on an injection tank iirc.

Dod
11-03-05, 07:52 PM
Cheers mate, you've done me proud. I'll keep a place for you up above!

Philsutton
11-03-05, 11:56 PM
Use the rad already in it they are the same, or near enough. The TD rad is alot bigger an has different piping, im not sure if you could make it fit, would need some re-routing.
Also if your running it on carbs you dont need to change the tank, just depends what fuel pump your going to use.

Adam
12-03-05, 12:03 AM
Yeah as above you can keep the same tank, then either use a carb engine fuel pump, or use the injection pump and a pressure regulator to get the pressure down to carb level.

Dod
12-03-05, 10:15 AM
And there'll be places for you jucks (or guys in English) as well. Cheers!! :wink: