PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's

burgo
09-03-05, 11:29 PM
im guessing this is a fairly silly question but do they have to be mounted fairly level ??

dunova
10-03-05, 08:04 AM
I'm no expert, but i'd say yes. The more horizontal the better. Why would you want them not to be?

Aragorn
10-03-05, 09:47 AM
throttle bodies are sometimes mounted at a slight upswept angle - normally to make the path to the valve head streighter

maybe hes seen a angled inlet manifold and wants to fit some dcoes

madcodling
10-03-05, 09:53 AM
well if they arent eye level then maybe there could be some problems, because in the float bowls the float in one may be higher than the other.

wen they are set up , take carb tops off to see if the fuel levels of each carb look the same.
make sure that the floats have been set up correctly tho.

maybe this might help

Snowface
10-03-05, 11:00 AM
they are meant to be fitted at a slight angele, something like 10-15 degrees afaik.

And manifold you buy will already have this sorted.

burgo
10-03-05, 11:27 AM
no what it is ive gotta make an inlet manifold to fit them to my civic and im just wondering how perfect ive gotta make the jig. snowface where did you hear/read that?? im not doubting you i just wanna be 100% sure so that i dont fuck it up

burgo
10-03-05, 11:34 AM
the other thing is the jets. ive not got a clue what size i need, the lad said it was jetted for a 1.6-1.8 mine is a 1.3 16v that'll rev to 9k so i recon it might slightly overfuel, what do you clever fella's recon??

Philsutton
10-03-05, 12:44 PM
i cant see its going to make that much difference if it has a slight angle on them, i mean if it was a problem then when you went up a steep hill it would fuck it all up

burgo
10-03-05, 12:46 PM
the man has a point :?

plus the g-forces whilst corning must affect them so i cant see them not being mounted exactly level i gonna matter :)

_JH_
10-03-05, 06:35 PM
get a decent book on how to set them up properly. it probably won't include how to make your own manifold, but the principles discussed will help when you come ot design it.

you'll be able to pick up a weber book on eBay, and the book on four stroke tuning by a. graham bell has some helpful tables and theories.