PDA

View Full Version : pad's and stud kit problems

benji
09-03-05, 08:41 PM
last night i fitted a stud kit on my nova, i used to nut's to tighten the studs in, and they were covered in thread lock first. now a couple of them aren't tight, the more i tighten it the more the stud comes out the end of the nut. what's the best stuff to use to make sure they stay in.

while i was doing this i also greased the back of my pads with copper grease. i have never had to do this before so i din't have a clue how much to use, so i pasted it on everwhere that wasn't braking material. is this right? when i came to drive it toninght i got to the bottom of my street and couldn't stop, i had to use the handbrake. i pumped the brake and i got a better pedal fell, but it wasn't great. do i have to bleed th brakes after removing pad's? a have wilwood 4 pots and i had to push the pistons back into the caliper to get the pads back in. i now have a bit of steering wheel vibration when driving, and it pulls to the righ when braking. any ideas? do i just need to bleed them or is it grease on the pads? should i bleed them every time i take the pads out?

cheers

ben

Riggy
09-03-05, 08:45 PM
not to sure about the bleeding of the brakes mate

but as for the copper grease just a very light smear of the grease on the back of the pad is all you need just to stop them sticking to the caliper

Will F
10-03-05, 09:35 AM
If you pushed the pistons back, without removing the brake res. cap, you can turn the master cylinder seals inside out!

It has happened to me! Blead the brakes ASAP, if the problem persists, it is probably the seals.

Aragorn
10-03-05, 09:52 AM
doesnt matter if u remove the cap (its vented anyway) - fluid still flows thru the seals the wrong way

the accepted method is to undo the bleed nipple(s) and then push the pistons in, that way excess fluid flows out the nipple rather than back up the braking system

benji
10-03-05, 04:45 PM
arse. i hope i've got away with it. i'll go and bleed them now

retrosi
10-03-05, 06:14 PM
mind to clamp the brake hose first before undoing the nipple and pushing the pistons back. if you do this it saves having to bleed the brakes. just a tip!